Saturday, October 24, 2015

Marathon Training Schedule Switcheroo

So, for anyone who has been around the blog knows already that I'm in the middle of my first marathon training. I started out with this training schedule, which has been going really well. However, recently I've been wondering how I'm going to pull off running 4-5 miles before I have to get to work in the morning (with the idea that I would not be running before dawn.) 

My running buddy H faces a similar dilemma, and she's a  full time working mom. The other week she found this marathon training schedule on Running with Skissors - the "Busy Mom on the Run Marathon Training Plan." This schedule has you running on three days a week with three days of cross training and a rest day (but you know me, cross training days and rest days are almost the same).




Well, knowing all to well that I need to try to get my cross training back on track all the while still be being rested (and a life, hopefully) I thought that this may be worth a try!

 What I found interesting though is that Hal Higdon approved this training plan too, which is what sold H on this schedule (she really likes him). Perhaps I'm a lemming in some way, but I'm trying it out.

So far I followed this schedule for Week #11 and it wasn't bad. Granted I haven't done a lot of the cross training portion yet, but I'll get back to it (I know, I know I say that all the time).

We'll see what happens in the coming week. I have an appointment or two and there is RAIN right now in North Texas, which may mess up my running next week. Hmmm. It can't be too easy right?

Have you ever changed your training plan half way through?



No comments:

Post a Comment