Sunday, October 18, 2015

Whew! 15 Miles. Work. Webinar.

Yeeeeah. What a LONG day! One for the books in some respects. I'm tired, but I wanted to type this up while there is still a bit of lingering excitement left in me. Let's see.

First off...

I RAN 15 MILES TODAY!

Sorry. Didn't mean to yell. Ok, not really sorry. I ran 15 miles today. It is the first time EVER that I have ran past 13.5 miles in my little running life! 

The weather was perfect. 55 degrees just after dawn. I started with usual route, but extended 3.5 more miles so that it equaled 7.5 miles at the turn around point. It wasn't bad. Plus, I was able to use the White Rock Lake Trail so that I could avoid cars and cyclists for the most part. Some the trail has been redone, which feels amazing! But some are still untouched and were rough and hard to run on. I'm wondering if that didn't help my hip flexors after awhile. At the turn around I felt good. When I got the last four miles my hips were getting a tired, and I could feel my upper abs work out.

I listened to Pandora's "Halestorm" station, and it was awesome. Though I kept on giving "thumbs up" to the songs I like (to help customize it better), and that wore my phone's batter down. Nonetheless, it didn't die on me, which is good cause I needed my tunes and my mom was Live Tracking me through my Garmin.

Afterwards, I stretched by my car for a bit before going to Good2Go Taco, which has awesome breakfast tacos! The line was long, and I really wanted to say, "I just ran 15 miles. I should be allowed cut the line." But I was a good girl. Hee hee. I got my yummies to go, and so did not take a picture because I scarfed it all when I had the chance to eat it!

Secondly...
After running I had to work 5 hours today. I had literally a 15 minute snooze between my shower and when I had to get ready to go to work... with enough time to get a venti size cup of coffee at Starbucks. I also bought some water and a rice crispy treat.

Work was good. I have to walk around a lot, which meant that I didn't seize up. At first walking was hard, but I loosened up a bit. By 4pm, however, I got a headache because I needed more food. I spent the rest of the last hours of work debating on what I should eat for dinner. Fooooood! I got a Chipotle salad and a large tortilla. So good!

Thirdly...
I virtually attended my BEEF Team webinar that gave me the smarts on what I'm to expect in 2016 as I become a Beef TIP. It all sounds really awesome! I can't wait to get more involved and improve myself nutritionally and for being involved in a community like this!

Hope you had a great weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment