Monday, October 5, 2015

Marathon Training Monday - Week #7 and Week #8

Week #7 and #8 finished in my marathon training! This recap is in addition to my weekly One Mile a Day challenge updates.

R = Rest*
# = Miles
CT = Cross Training

*Rest days I don't do anything other than chill/work/walk 1 mile. I may do light core workouts, especially if I missed it on CT day.


WEEK #7 
7/R/3/6/3/R/CT

Sunday: 7.01 Miles - Well, after running a PR 5k on Saturday, my legs were definitely tired. I should have foamed rolled more, but I was tired and never did it. I was also tired because I stayed out late for a friend's birthday shindig. So! When it came to running at the lake I was facing a battle. It was long 7 miles of achy thighs and some frustrated tears (was also teary eyed about something else that my running could help me get over, which really sucks!). There was no magic or excitement for this run. Boo!

Tuesday: 3.11 Miles - Finally got myself going, and I was able to focus a little better on my running, especially compared to Sunday. I still need to work on it though.

Wednesday: I totally skipped cross-training again. Before I had went to an event at 7:30 I had to stop by the store to get some things. Plus! I drove out to my local running store to see if I could buy a replacement water bottle just to discover that they don't sell them there anymore! Noooo!

Thursday: 6.02 Miles - The best run this week so far. I'm slowly getting my head back into the game. My body felt better, and I was able to run for 4 miles before needing to walk (granted I had to pause a few times to get my shoes laces tightened/loosened the right way during Mile 1). I hoping the next long run on Sunday is going to be good!

Friday: - 3.11 Miles - Good run. I'm a little concerned about an ache that was popping up a bit the night before during bedtime. As I say often, I need to remember to foam roll. After work I did drive out to another local running store that did sell Fitletic items just to find out they do not sell the bottles. Whah!?! Gah!

WEEK #8 
12/R/3/6/3/R/CT 

Sunday: 12.02 Miles - This run was way better than the LSD from last week. Miles 1-6 were really good and not hard. Miles 7 - 9/10 were harder, and Miles 10/10.5 - 12 were hard. My hips were tired, and I may not have been fueling the best (my Eggo waffles were too crunchy), and towards the end I drank too much water, which made my stomach ache. Blah! Next week I'll work on that.

Tuesday: 3.11 Miles - My legs (mostly the calves) were achy/burny during the run, but it was good.

Wednesday: No cross training again. Sorry. Not sorry.

Thursday: 6.02 Miles - I inadvertently and yet decidedly slept in late today. The 6 miles were harder than last weeks.

Friday: 3.11 Miles - This wasn't a bad run. At least I wasn't as tired as I was on Thursday.


THOUGHTS 
Well. I think I've hit the tired stage of the training already. At least I think so. My running buddy H is feeling the same way. We're not as excited about training  like we once were. Granted with sunrise happening later and later I think my body doesn't want to wake up before it's light out! On the plus side though! The moment it turned October the weather turned into perfect Fall weather! Yes! I'm hoping that the training continues to go well.

Stay tuned for the recap of Week #9 and Week #10! 

No comments:

Post a Comment