Monday, August 10, 2015

OMaD - Week 32 Recap

This One Mile a Day week was also called FREEEEEDOM Week!



I was on vacation this whole week! I got see my brother who just came back from a summer in Spain. Then I went down to Austin for a few days to chill before my half marathon. I wish breaks like this could last longer!

August 2 - August 8 

Day 208:  9.3 miles - Ran a 15k, trying to work on my cadence. I would average about a 160, but would manage to get to 175 when I was going up a hill. I noticed when I was getting tired I would dip into the 150s, and it felt so painfully slow. This is going to be a new project for me... cadence.

Day 209: 1 mile - A nice meandering walk around the little neighborhood lake.

Day 210: 3 mile - A big, fun filled day! I got my car back from the auto shop! Yay! Then I got my packet for the half marathon this weekend. Then we went to the Dallas Zoo - cause my brother has never been! Whah?! I think we actually walked closer to 4 miles while there, and I felt every part of it, but I'll make sure I'm not cheating too too much and just go with 3 for the challenge. After a rest at home, we drove to Arlington to watch the Texas Rangers beat the Houston Astros!

Day 211: 1.10 mile - Did a little strength training before walking on the treadmill... in air conditioning!

Day 212: 1 mile - Time to spend some time in Austin! The drive wasn't too bad. I got to stop in Waco to see the Waco Mammoth Site (a must see, in my opinion!). Then I spent the rest of the afternoon in near the place I was staying, and had a huge dinner!

Day 213: 1 mile - After doing a little shopping at the Texas Running Company where I bought some Ooofos and a jacket that will also be for every day I went to the UT-Austin. I was initially thinking of going to the Blanton Art Museum, but decided to go to the Harry Ransom Center instead. I'm so glad I did! I discovered the Texas pastel artist Frank Reaugh, and love his work - especially his small pieces! My mile came from walking around the campus.

Day 214: 1 mile - I walked around the Longhorn Cavern State Park above ground and below ground, which I'm sure equaled out to at least a mile. It was zoo cool in more ways than one in the cavern. Then I puttered round before getting to my hotel in Waco so I could rest before the Badass Brazos Half Marathon the next morning.

Total Miles this week: 17.40 miles

Total Miles Thus Far: 406.42 Miles


How was your week?

Have you gone on vacation yet?

If you had a chance to go anywhere for one week, where would you go?


Image found here.



No comments:

Post a Comment