Monday, August 24, 2015

Marathon Training Monday - Week #1 and Week #2

Hi everyone! Well,  two weeks of my first ever marathon training! Even though I do a weekly activity update for my One Mile a Day challenge, I thought try my hand of keeping readers update on how the training is going.

R = Rest*
# = Miles
CT = Cross Training


*Rest days I don't do anything other than chill/work/walk 1 mile. I may do light core workouts, especially if I missed it on CT day.

WEEK #1 
R/3/3/3/R/CT

Tuesday: 3.11 miles - Great! I was excited about starting the training for a marathon and what I hope would be a "life-changing moment for me" (yeah, I know that may not happen... but here's to hope!). I was still sore from the Badass Brazos Half Marathon I ran the previous Sunday, but I know I'll just need to be able to roll and stretch the aches out.

Wednesday: Cross training - I actually did not do CT this day because my stomach was messing me up again. I manged to do a mile walk, but that was all I could muster.

Thursday: 3.11 miles - Pretty good. I still had some soreness from the half. I wasn't ready to get up to run that morning because of how my stomach wasn't happy the night before.

Friday: 3.11 miles - Felt better this morning, and I was impressed that I was able to get up and run before work. Granted I didn't have time for a proper breakfast, but I was still impressed, nonetheless. 

WEEK #2 
6/R/3/3/3/R/CT 

Sunday: 6.21 miles - The weather was awesome that morning, and it was fun to hit White Rock Lake again. The 6 was a little bit of a struggle, but I felt good afterwards.  I tried the Sports Beans as my mid-run fuel, but I'm thinking it isn't for me, which sucks cause I love jelly beans!

Tuesday: 3.11 miles - It was muggy this morning due to rain that was coming in later, but it was a good run. I'm getting use to waking up really early!

Wednesday: Cross Training - I rode a 20 minute 2.2 miles on a spin cycle before doing some push ups, sit ups, and arm weights. Baby steps in the realm of cross training.

Thursday: 3.13 miles - Hello, 60 degree weather! I ran a really good 5k with negative splits in great weather and my awesome purple running tights!

Friday: 3.12 miles - I think the pressure of making sure I get the run in with enough time to get clean, dressed and fed before work got me starting the run too fast this morning. But it was still a good run. 

THOUGHTS 
I'm still pretty stoked about being in training for the marathon. I think I'm getting use to the idea of waking up uber early to get ready for a run. However, I'm still working on waking up early enough to eat something and get my body, if you know what I mean. I'll figure it out at some point! Oh, and my nutrition has been crappy this week too, and I need to reel it in! A good start to training, I think!


Stay tuned for the recap of Week #3 and Week #4! 





No comments:

Post a Comment