Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Marathon Training Starts Now!

Well. I just finished my first run in my marathon training schedule! For anyone who is new to the blog (Hi!) I'm running the Dallas Marathon on December 13 this year. This is my first marathon ever, and I'm a bundle of emotions. Excited. Calm. Nervous. Ready. Yep, I'm most definitely ready. My friend J told me I was ready in the heart, and she is so right! Here we go! 

Running Buddy H is doing Hal Hidgon's Novice 1 Marathon training plan. Since we hope to run together I'm following her on this. I'm not 100% sure about her idea of doing 2 mile intervals, but I will give it a go, but I may switch to mile intervals. I'm trying to be cool with the idea of her peeling out and getting ahead of me during the marathon, but we have months to find out. Hopefully H and I will do our Sunday runs together, which will help.

Obviously due to my work schedule, I've morphed the days to fit... well... me! This is what I'm facing:




Not too bad. For the past few months, I've been getting myself prepared for this schedule by making sure I do long runs on Sundays and cross training on Wednesdays. If I ran during the week I did it Tuesdays or Thursdays. Now I just need to continue to wake myself up early enough to get all the runs in!

I'll keep you posted on my progress via the One Mile A Day weekly recaps, but also Marathon Training updates too.

Wish me luck!

Image found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment