Wednesday, August 19, 2015

OMaD - Week 33 Recap

This One Mile a Day update was also the first week of Marathon Training! Ahhhh!

August 9 - August 15
Day 215: 13.29 miles - Badass Brazos Half Marathon! This was a tough, but good race! I finished well after I got some GI troubles at of the way. Read more at the race recap soon!

Day 216: 2 miles - I walked and walked out some of my soreness while catching up with one of my dearest friends. We have lots of bathroom humor, so I had plenty of fodder thanks to the half marathon.

Day 217: 3.11 mile - First run of Marathon Training! I had one achy achilles and still had blisters on my toes, but I felt way better. I wore an old pair of running shoes at work all day (dress code be damned!), and it melted away all of my soreness.

Day 218: 1 mile - I was suppose to do some cross training after work, but lunch didn't agree with me and by the time I got home I could only pull out a mile walk at a slow pace. 

Day 219: 3.11 miles - Because my stomach was hurting the night before, I didn't want to wake up to run this morning. I had a later start than I would have preferred. I also had to politely yell a sarcastic "Thank you! So much space!" when I ran past three week walking towards. They took up the entire side walk and they managed to get two across, but it still wasn't space on the narrow side walk. I had to race my arm so that I didn't hit one of them when I passed. I refuse to run the pitted ground to make room for people who are clearly the ones who need to move. Ugh.

Day 220: 3.11 miles - Woke up earlier, which was good. I had just enough time to run, clean, and get to work, but eating a proper breakfast and prepping lunch was out of the question. But at least there weren't many of the walking moms around.

Day 221: 0 miles - Got home from work just to change clothes. My sister and I had dinner at a restaurant called Asian Mint here in Dallas. It was so good! Then I got home and rested.

Total Miles this week: 25.62 miles

Total Miles Thus Far: 432.04 Miles




No comments:

Post a Comment