Monday, October 19, 2015

Marathon Training Monday - Week #9 and Week #10

Week #9 and #10 finished in my marathon training! This recap is in addition to my weekly One Mile a Day challenge updates.

R = Rest*
# = Miles
CT = Cross Training

*Rest days I don't do anything other than chill/work/walk 1 mile. I may do light core workouts, especially if I missed it on CT day.


WEEK #9
10/R/4/7/3/R/CT

Sunday: 10.01 Miles - A good LSD (It feels a little weird saying that still!). Great weather (hello, capris and tee shirt!). The lake wasn't too crowded. I didn't get momentarily stuck in the porta-potty like last week  (did I mention that in the last recap? The door was stuck in the bottom corner. Umm. Yeah!). My hips were getting tired, which makes me think I really need to get back to cross-training and work on my core and hips! Oh! When I was hitting the last few miles, and I was at Mile 7.3 I passed a golf course with a club house. I swear to God I smelled the glorious smell of BACON! Wow! What a motivating smell! I really wanted a good breakfast afterwards.

Tuesday: 4.02 Miles - I switched my miles as to where I will run 4 on Tuesday for a couple of weeks so that I'm not going crazy on Friday morning trying to get the miles in before leaving for work at 8:30am! I only have a couple of weeks of this until I have no choice.

Wednesday: Nothing. I'm not sorry. But I know I need to force myself to get back into it.

Thursday: 7.01 Miles - I. Did. Not. Want. To. Run. This. Morning. It took me forever to get my butt off the couch and dress in my running gear. My stomach was a little achy. I might have been dehydrated (when am I not?). I had no motivation. But I knew I had to run. So I forced myself up. For a change in scenery (technically) I drove to White Rock Lake during rush hour traffic (smart, right?). Then I forced myself to run. I was so slow. At least 30secs to a 1 minute slower in pace per mile. Yeah. Awesome. Oh, and it was humid and warmer than it has been. Awesome. Not. I did see a beautiful Great Dane doggy named Titan (awesomely perfect name for such a big dog!). Well. The run was done and over with, and I didn't wimp out. 

Friday: 3.11 Miles - Surprisingly, this run was normal. Whah?! My speed was back to normal for a Friday run. My cadence was up. Huh! Well. I'll take it! 

WEEK #10
13/R/4/7/3/R/CT 

Sunday: 13.23 Miles - I mixed up my training schedule again. My running buddy H and I drove to Tyler to run in the Tyler Rose Half Marathon. It was a really good race, and I killed it! I'll have more to share in my race recap. But I have to share (again!)... I PR'ed! Wasn't planning on it (even though I said it would be nice) and pretty much ran a pace that was between 11:30 - 12:30/mile up until Mile 12 or so. That was definitely when I knew a PR was possible (if I could make it up the last hill), and I pushed it. Anyway! Read the recap when I get it posted.

Tuesday: 4.02 Miles - Ran around my parents' neighborhood, which was nice cause it was a change of scenery. I also ran with my replacement Saucony Omni 12s that I bought a while ago on sale. At first I was worried about the arch support in one of the shoes, but mid run it felt better. Hopefully they'll work out great for the second half my training.

Wednesday: You know the drill by now. No cross training. I'm a slacker!

Thursday: 7.01 Miles - Got my butt out the door and ran the 7 at a park closer to the house. It wasn't bad, but it got me to thinking about increasing mileage and the idea of doing it all before work (thankfully I go into work at noon on Thursdays).

Friday: 3.15 Miles - Miles around my home. A usual, I push myself on this run because I have a small window to get the miles in.

THOUGHTS 
Well, Week #9 was hard after doing the Sunday 10. Week #10 was better complete with a great race that Sunday. Unless the upcoming Daylight Savings Time is going to help me out, I'm seriously starting to wonder about getting all the miles in during the week before work. Tuesday and Thursdays aren't so bad, but Friday is the hardest one. Interestingly enough, running buddy H shared a Hal Higdon approved training schedule that combines miles during the week. Hmmmm. I'm intrigued. More on this later.

Stay tuned for the recap of Week #11 and Week #12!

No comments:

Post a Comment