Tuesday, September 22, 2015

I'm a Tip and on the Squad!

So I mentioned briefly during my last One Mile a Day challenge update that I had some good news and I did something a little crazy. Well, I thought those two things deserved their own post!


First Awesome News!

I'm a Beef Tip! Hahaha! Yes, I said Beef Tip. After applying a loooong time ago, and filling a survey not too long ago, I have been invited to join the Texas BEEF Team. This community, which is supported by the Texas Beef Council, promotes the benefits of eating beef as a high-quality protein in an athlete's diet. After I take an orientation webinar in October to get be ready to be part of the team in January 2016. So far I know I'll have to join in on certain races and volunteer at least once in order to qualify for a complete membership in 2017, which includes the Team reimbursing me for certain race fees!

I'm quite excited to see where this will take me in my running exploits! I enjoy being part of a community with a common interest, and it would be awesome to have a group of teammates cheering for you when you're running a race! Plus, I can do the same for them too!  Oh! Plus, my running buddy H was also invited on to the team too! Also, my running friend J is already a member. Exciting!


Second Awesome News! 

I'm on the squad! I feel like I went just a little crazy the other day, but I  also feel a little badass. I signed up for the 2016 SeaWheeze Half Marathon! I learned about this race put on by Lulumon through another blogger, which may very well have been Ange over at Cowgirl Runs (I can't remember). Vancouver has been on my mind in general since May, and knew I wanted to go there when I got the chance. Well! I learned about the race, and I thought this was the perfect excuse! Plus, it's an August race, which means I can make my annual vacation into a run-cation!

So! Knowing that this race is extremely popular I told my boss what my plans were and that I would give her a leave request as soon I knew the race was possible. Then the next day, the moment the clock stroke 12pm CST, I hit the registration button. I was wait-listed immediately. In dire hope I stepped away from my work desk and got the registration list pulled up on my phone.... I got in immediately! Then it was down to 7 minutes to accurately type my information in on an small iPhone screen! Wow! Oh, then my boss started talking to me too! Whoa! Crazy! But I managed it! I didn't get a confirmation email for almost 20 minutes after I had registered (which was a little different than the instant email for other races), but I checked my credit card statement I saw the charge on the account. I knew I was in! Whew! Intense. Crazy. Now I'm telling myself I need to save money so that I can afford a nice vacation to tag onto the trip up there for the race!


So, yes! Not that these are life changing things... but I feel like a whole new thing/part of my life is opening up! I'm not putting my life on hold for one reason or another. I'm on a team that could open up opportunities for who knows what. This SeaWheeze Half Marathon is getting me to out of the country (yes, it's just up to Canada, but still!) for the first time since I was in college. I don't know what will happen to me next year (no one knows their future like that... which sucks in a lot of ways), but at least I know I have some things to look forward to!

I'll keep you guys posted on things as I venture forth!

Peace, Love, Rock 'n' Roll, and RUN! 


Images found here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment