Monday, September 21, 2015

OMaD - Week 38 Recap

One Mile a Day update of my fitness challenge with better weather and fun! 

September 13 - September 19 

Day 25010.1 Miles -  Wow! What a great day! The weather was perfect for my run (low 60s) and even with wearing a t-shirt I didn't sweat too much or over heat. Actually, overall, the run was great and, dare I say, easy? After my run I hung around the lake for a while as my parents drove over with their dogs so they could try out the new doggy park, which was a lot of fun for everyone. After that I managed to get home just in time to clean up and eat something before heading out to the Dallas Museum of Art to meet a fellow. Yes, I totally rocked my pair of Oofos on a date! By the time I got home I was exhausted and my legs were achy, but it was wonderful day! I really hope I have more like this one!

Day 2510 Miles - I intended to go for a walk after dinner, but I was starting to get anxious about some things. So instead of hoping a walk would clearing my head (but knew it probably wouldn't and just make things worse) I decided to plant myself in from of the TV for distraction. It worked a little bit.

Day 252: 3.12 Miles - I'm loving this cooler morning weather! I got in a 5k in, and felt pretty good. I also got some good news this morning, which is a total bonus! I'll give more details soon enough!

Day 253: 3 Miles - Cross training day! I did 2 miles on the cycle, which made my thighs achy. I walked a mile to work that out before doing some light core and arm work. I also did something totally nuts this morning too! More details coming soon!

Day 254: 5.04 Miles -This was a hard run. First I didn't want to wake up. Second my cycling from last night made the light hills hard to do. For the first time this training season I did 2 mile intervals on a 5 mile run, which I'm ok with.

Day 255: 1 Mile -I walked a mile around my home instead of running my typical 3 miles. Why? I have a 5k race tomorrow morning!

Day 256: 3.11 Miles - My mom and I ran in the Plano Balloon Fest 5k race. I intending to take it "easy" by doing my average 11:30 pace or so since I have 7 miles the next day, but you know what? My body had other plans. So! I accidentally PRed with a 30:27 5k! It was a good race, but due to incoming weather the hot air balloons didn't launch. Afterwards we tried to get the free runner yummies, but the line was ridiculously long. So, walked around the fest a bit, chatted with a running friend for a few minutes, then we were off to try this breakfast place... that had a really long wait! Ack! We ended up at McDonald's for breakfast, but it was totally yummy! After that my day was just relaxing since I took the whole day off... all the while waiting for a dude to text me back. Oh, and I got to wear some girly high heels to a friend's birthday night too! Granted... I got home uber late.

Total Miles this week: 25.37 Miles 

Miles to Date: 537.96 Miles  





How was your week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment