Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Ooooooh! Smoky Mountain Half Marathon

I was scrolling through my Facebook News Feeds, which seems to know me way to well nowadays, and I saw a sponsored link for the Great Smoky Mountains Half Marathon. For once, I was the sucker and clicked on the link.

I am now sold on this half marathon! Seriously!

First off, I discovered that the race Start is just 20 minutes away from a best friend's house. Score! It ends in an area that she and I love (there's a great ice cream place there!). Score! The course is "slightly uphill" and seriously, the elevation isn't that bad looking. Score! The race is September (aka nice weather!). Score!

Check out that "slightly uphill" course with a 3.5 hr limit.

I vacationed in this area two years ago in August. It was wonderful. Beautiful. Perfect. I'm in love!

I'm doing this race!

The thing is... I have to wait till 2016. This year's race doesn't match up with my Marathon Training this fall. Booooooooo! So, yes, it's on my 2016 race calendar, fo sho!

I can't wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment