Friday, June 12, 2015

In case you didn't know....

In case you didn't know... this is what I call "Race Buddy Solicitation."



On Sunday, while I was doing my thing on the elliptical, my phone goes crazy with ba-bings! from my running buddy H. She was wanting me to do the Badass Brazos Half Marathon in Waco that is at the beginning of August. She won a free entry, and a fellow runner is planning for the 10k. So, technically, all I need to do is pay for registration, drag myself out of bed at an ungodly hour for a car ride to Waco, run, eat, then ride home. Not bad.

It's tempting.

Hmmmm. My analytical brain is going...

PROS
  • Get my butt kicked before Marathon Training begin.
  • It's a Run On! race (quality).
  • Water stations nearly every mile. 
  • Free ride to and from race. 
  • Gas covered by another runner.

CONS
  • Get my butt kicked before Marathon Training begin.
  • It's at the tail end of my vacation week (something me and my besties are trying to figure where to go!!!)
  • It's in August! In Texas. Hot!!!
  • It's $65! Ok... more like $72 or so with race insurance (I feel like I need that insurance)

Hmmmm... I think I can find the money for it or at least I think I can.

I'm partially sold. We'll see what happens.

Would do this race?

No comments:

Post a Comment