Friday, June 19, 2015

Food Friday - Salsa and Parm Sweet Potato

One way I get a good serving of my veggies is having a sweet potato for lunch or dinner. I've paired sweet spuds with broccoli and carrots and seasoned with the classic butter, salt and pepper, but after awhile this gets pretty boring and bland.

Recently I've discovered a new blend - Salsa and Parm Sweet Potato. It's nothing fancy... simple ingredients that can be easily measured if you need to really monitor your intake. It's yummy! 

There's so much going on in this picture! Ack!

Ingredients 
  • 1 sweet potato 
  • 1 TBSP butter 
  • 2 TBSP parmesan cheese (I use the good ol' powdery stuff)
  • 2 TBSP salsa 
  • Salt and Pepper to taste 
Receipt 
  • Microwave sweet potato till cooked through. I buy ones that are already wrapped in plastic, but if you buy fresh - stab poke the spud a few times with a sharp knife then wrap in a damp paper towel. Microwave for 6-8 minutes.
  • Cut cooked potato in half, spread on butter (let it melt!) and season with salt and pepper. 
  • Top potato off with parmesan cheese. 
  • Serve with salsa on the side. You could also spread the salsa on the spud, but I like prefer it on the side. 



No comments:

Post a Comment