Monday, April 27, 2015

OMaD - Week 17 Recap

One Mile a Day challenge and weekly running maintenance/training update. Mixed things up this week. How did it go? Well...

April 19 - 25

Day 103: 0 miles - I took a "Zero Day" today. Not only did I have to work, but I had a huge setback in the "broken heart healing process" last night that flooded into today and required an emergency visit with Jennie after work was over. It's days like this that I wish I didn't even have a heart - it hurts so bad. Or wish I had a time machine.

Day 104: 3.15 miles - I woke up in time to watch the start of the Boston Marathon (so thankful that Universal Sports channel was available for free on my tiny cable package today!), which was awesome! My 5k run would've been pretty much a 30 minute run or even a sub-30, but a sidewalk jumped up to trip me. Thankfully, I didn't faceplant or fall on my knee. Oh, well. My thighs felt a little heavy to begin with, but I was pushing through it. I felt cool and hip since I got to wear my bright purple running capris with an orange tank... and a guy driving by took a look at me. Nice to know I still got it! Oh! And by the way, I tried the new Mango Carrot smoothie from Starbucks. I like it way better than the Sweet Green smoothie from last week.



Day 105: 1 mile - Just one mile today. The hamstring of the leg that the sidewalk attacked yesterday has been tight. I had planned on trying out a yoga dvd after work, but with the end of hormones and trying to get my personal cracks steady again chocolate and ice cream was the day's agenda - at work and at home. I'm actually looking forward to a workout on the elliptical tomorrow! I just hope the impending storm doesn't stop me from walking safely to the gym!

Day 106: 5.78 miles - Rain didn't come in until after midnight thankfully. This meant I was able to jump onto my good ol' elliptical with the broken , which I think should have a name (Why my concern about rain? I have to walk to the apartment complex's gym). Instead of choosing a preset workout like before I went with manual and played around with the resistance. I had people texting me for about half of the 65 minute workout, so I had some distraction. Afterwards I tried a yoga dvd, but stopped not even halfway through. My mind was calm a hurricane of thoughts. So, to make up for quitting I did 10 burpees.

Day 107: 2 miles - First day of my five-day weekend! Lunch with mom before we drooled over workout clothes at Dick's Sporting Goods and Old Navy. I had good self-control since I know I need work pants and shoes instead. Dammit! Spent an hour on the phone with my baby brother Spud and ended up walking 2 miles while doing so.

Day 108: 10.02 miles - Second day of my long weekend, which means I could run with my buddy H at White Rock! It was a cloudy, 70* morning with what started out with drizzle that turned into a light rain. So on top of sweat we were drenched with rain. This makes you more of a badass, by the way! There was hardly anyone else at the lake, which was really nice (granted we started at just after 6:30am! Ugh!). We did a 2:1 interval, which I did great with (pretty much averaged a 12:40 mile, but really fluctuated with 12:35 - 3:15 mile). I did break during mile 9.15 while going up a baby hill, but I finished strong. Restful afternoon before my work's book club with a side of big thunderstorm outside, which was kinda fun (there was also the usual side of internal freak out when the ex-boyfriend comes... I felt so much better when he left before the storm really hit).

Day 109: 0 miles - Another Zero Day. I was soooo tired. So far none of my days off involved me sleeping past 7 or 7:30 or with sleeping without interruption yet. Blah! I spent the day chilling with the family dogs (and eventually the family when they came home from errands), trying to catch up on sleep via naps.

Total Miles this week:  21.95 Miles

Total Miles Thus Far: 233.25 Miles


So, check out those bright purple capris on Day 103!
Oh, and yes, I am wearing shorts on Day 109!
Did I ever mention I have really long legs?

How was your week?


No comments:

Post a Comment