Monday, April 20, 2015

OMaD - Week 16 Recap

One Mile a Day challenge half way through April with a smoothie and new shoes! Woot!

Oh! Plus, today's the Boston Marathon! I'm so happy that I don't work today so I could watch it all on my TV vs. work computer!

April 12 - 18

Day 96: 9.03 mile - My long run went way better than last week's. Whew! What made it interesting? I had totally forgotten that the Big D Marathon course was using the entire lake! So for a little while I ran on the other side of the road of marathoners before, eventually, exploring the other trails that followed the east side of the lake. I decided not do a full loop, but an out and back route with the hillier trails. It was fun to watch the marathoners, and was quite inspiring!

Day 97:  0 mile - I gave in to a full day off with my mom. Shopped at the new REI, ate Chinese, and baked cupcakes with my sister. Nice lazy day - with a side of sugar coma.

Day 98: 1 mile - Perhaps it was because of the lack of sun and chillier temps, but I've been drowsy all day today - and that's with two cups of coffee this morning. Maybe it's cause I woke up early too? At least I did my mile walk!

Day 99: 3.3 miles - Second time cross training on an elliptical. Not bad. Not bad at all. Still ended up on the machine that does not have a functioning TV screen, which is quite annoying. I need visual stimulation to keep me going sometimes. Running outside already has that built in for me. Maybe I'll get lucky next week.

Day 100: 3.13 miles - Storms never came through, which means no treadmill running tonight! Whoo hoo! Maintained a sub-12 mile, which is quite satisfying. Oh, and today was the day I tried Starbuck's new Evolution Sweet Green smoothie. It was interesting. I could taste the cucumber, and there was a slight bitterness to it, which was either the spinach or the Greek yogurt or both. Overall it as sweet and tasty, but I'm not sure I would buy it often. Maybe when I need help in the veggie department.




Day 101:  2.16 miles - I had a really good day at work and accomplished a lot of "house keeping" parts of it, which is always awesome (wish I could apply that in my apartment!). I got a surprise today too... I got my new running shoes waaaay early! I order a pair of Saucony Omni 12 on Amazon Marketplace. It was said that it'd take a week for it to come from L.A. but it arrived three days after I order them! Sweet! These are my back-up pair. I have a pair of Saucony Hurricanes that I started wearing at the beginning of January, but I'm wondering if they're causing some arch aches and pains during long runs. If so, I'll wear my current pair of Omni 11 for long runs (until they crap out) and the Hurricanes for short runs. By the way, don't you love the smell of new shoes????



Day 102: 1 mile - I have a confession. I ate three - count 'em 3 - donuts today at work. I don't think my healthy apple and Greek yogurt cup can counter balance them. I had a long phone chat with a friend and soon enough the thunderstorm rolled in. Managed a walk after the storm had passed.

Total Miles this week:  19.62 Miles

Total Miles Thus Far: 211.30 miles




How was your week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment