Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Life's Little Things - An Unexpected Text

Everyone practically gets one text or message per day. Sometimes it's responding to something you sent. Sometimes out of the blue. I love the unexpected ones (if they're positive, happy ones - that is).

You should to!

I had forgotten about this little gem of a text until I came across it the other day (I took a picture of it because I loved it so much). I was so flipping excited when I got these texts last year, but now they're actually bittersweet for me in some respects because they were from my then-boyfriend J (I promise I'll stop talking about him at some point, but at least I'm able to mention him now).

Back in October 2014 I had traveled down to Tyler for a half marathon. I was a bit more nervous than I usually am before a big race - all because for nearly the whole month of September I was dealing with some none-running related ailments that stopped me from running. I was worried that I would hurt myself cause of the distance and the hills, but I also felt I could do the race.

I wasn't expecting a J to send me a message before the race cause he was working that Sunday, but he did. Just the few minutes leading up to the start my phone goes off, and got this:



I was so flippin' happy and excited that he thought of doing this without prompting. The feeling carried me through the race, which was already a great race to begin with.

When I finished the race, got food and was able to think about my phone I sent him a text about my result and he responded back.


I will always treasure these messages regardless of what happened months later. I wish I'd told him how much it meant to me.

When someone sends you an unexpected text or a message that you love - cherish it forever. Tell the sender that you loved it. Oh, and the same goes to getting a card or letter in the mail.

Treasure these unexpected moments of care and love!




No comments:

Post a Comment