Sunday, April 12, 2015

Great Job Marathoners!

I just wanted to do a shout out to all the runners who ran this morning in the Big D Half Marathon and Full Marathon! I got to White Rock Lake to do my weekly 9 miler - totally spacing out that the race was today!

I ran on the edge of the course for a little while before I veered off and tried out the trails further afield. I never used the trailers before, but I actually like it. Granted their conditions were nasty, but I didn't sprain an ankle! I also discovered Winfrey Point. So beautiful.



Thank you marathoners for not only getting me to try a new part of the WRL, but I want to especially thank you for running this race! It was inspiring to watch every single one of you. I hope that I will achieve the same stamina, endurance, and determination that you all have!

Oh, and because of your race, after my run - in the parking lot - I got to educate a cyclist to the fact that there were such things as marathons that happen throughout the year - not just the big Dallas Marathon in December!


Great job to all runners out there today!


No comments:

Post a Comment