Sunday, April 12, 2015

OMaD - Week 15 Recap

This past week's One Mile A Day is brought to you by sunburns, aloe vera gel, and the first full week of April!

April 5 - 11

Day 89: 2.5 mile - Spent Easter Sunday with the family. Slept in, had a healthy breakfast, went to the Dallas Zoo to check out the beautiful animals and the new dinosaur stuff (which was very cool!), then ate an Easter ham dinner complete with jellybeans and rice krispy treats for dessert - a dessert that I actually started out eating earlier in the day, to be honest .

Day 90:  9.03 miles - So about those jellybeans and rice krispy treats from the day before. Not good for day-before-long run food. I started out with a 3:1 interval plan at White Rock Lake, but at the halfway point I bonked. The next 4.5 miles was spent mostly walking with short bursts of running. Plus, the clouds disappeared a lot faster than predicted. So, guess what?! I got the most awesome painful sunburn that I have had in over a year. Seriously. This is what I do when I move/lay on or see my sunburn:


Day 91: 1 mile - No comment other than I did a mile. I'm tired, my stomach hurts, and the world kinda sucks today. But I got to talk to one of my brothers today, which was pretty awesome though!

Day 92: 3.5 miles - First night ever on an elliptical! All part of getting into a new routine that involves cross training! Interesting experience. I'm sure if I'm totally doing it right, but I felt it in my legs. The gym was busy, and my little TV screen wouldn't cooperate so it was hard to have a distraction other my music.

Day 93: 4.16 miles - I walked one mile in the morning to wake me up. Ran a 5k late that night after the storm blew over my area. I was glad that I didn't have to use the treadmill tonight!

Day 94: 1 mile - I wanted to try to do more than one mile today, but my brain wasn't into it.

Day 95: 1 mile - I was antsy to go for a run all day today, but I knew I had a 9 miler on Sunday. I was a good girl and ate a dinner, dessert and cleaned the home before I went out for a walk - just to make sure I wasn't going to run. Hee hee.

Total Miles this week:  22.19 Miles

Total Miles Thus Far: 191.68 miles

Video clip found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment