Thursday, April 9, 2015

I Just Couldn't Help Myself...

So the other day my Running Buddy H told me how she had bought two sports bras at Old Navy for $8 a pop. Ironically enough I was wondering if it was time for me to buy some new ones. It's been a year since I bought my uber nice ones from the local running store, but I've also trimmed up a bit last Fall (I think they're fine since they aren't too bad looking and I still have enough support, but you got to wonder.). I was a little skeptical that I would find one at Old Navy that would give me the support I needed, but I thought I'd take a look. It was a perfect excuse to go shopping, anyway! Hee hee.

Well, I did find a bra that works - amazing!

Then I got into a little trouble...

I found an awesome pair of purple capris - my first pair of colored bottoms! Uber exciting, but I might have to wait till the fall to put them to the running test. They'll be good for cross-training in my apartment though (I'm thinking I need to give yoga a try... again. Maybe H can come over and help.). Or for the stay-at-home movie times I have my with my besties.

And... I found a pair of compression shorts that are long enough for my uber long legs. No chaffing with any ride-up with wear here, buddy! I'm glad I found these cause I really needed another pair to alternate between (I don't run in the shorts).



So, when I decided that I needed these new bottoms, which were on sale by the way, I started thinking... "Dot! You need to spend money on clothes that can be worn at work or out somewhere nice... if you ever went out, that is."

Oh, yeah.  

So, I bought two cardigans what will go nicely with the dresses I bought during my three-day-after-break-up shopping spree. There, problem solved. You see them bunched up in the corner of the picture.

I had a bit of buyer's remorse right as I swiping my card to pay for these lovelies, but I needed them. Right? I'm still excited to wear them, which means it was worth the money!

Oh, and I finally got the correct ribbon for my Dallas Rhythm and Blues Quarter Marathon medal. I love the colors on this one versus the one that Houston got (and that I had originally) - Sorry, Houston! All I had to do was cut the old ribbon off and lace the new one through. There was velco to keep the ribbon together. Not the most comfortable thing to wear, but the medals are generally on display after I wear it the hours after the race.

Pretty colors!

How long do you keep your running bra? 

What race medal/medal ribbon do you like the best?



No comments:

Post a Comment