Friday, April 10, 2015

Food Friday - Eggy Spinach Taco

Welcome to my first Food Friday post. I mentioned ages and ages that one of my big goals for 2015 is to better my nutrition. I still love my junk food, but I seriously love eating healthy too. I'm not the greatest cook, but I'm certainly going to give it a try!

After my long run on Monday I ate this Eggy Spinach Taco for lunch. Until then I never made one before. I was at my parents' house, staring inside the fridge. What to eat? What to eat that is healthy? My mom is Gluten Free and my Dad, well, isn't. I grabbed a gluten free tortilla, an egg some other stuff and bam! A pretty tasty taco. This is great for a post-run meal, and have made it already a few times this week!

This is a pretty simple and customizable taco, which I like a lot. I think next time I'll be add some potatoes. Mmmmm... Potatoes. 

This reminds me of an awesome taco joint near White Rock Lake called Good 2 Go Taco. It's really tasty! Man, I just realized that I haven't been there in so long!  


Sorry, my plate presentation isn't the greatest!


Ingredients 
  • 1 Tortilla, your choice 
  • 1 egg, fried or scrambled 
  • 1 handful of spinach 
  • 2 TBSP of cheese, your choice 
  • 2 TBSP salsa, your choice
  • Add any extra ingredient that you would like! 

Recipe 

1.   If desired, heat tortilla while the frying pan is warming up. Flip once. Add cheese to the tortilla after flipping. Remove from pan.

2. Cook egg to liking.

3. If desired, add spinach to pan for 30 seconds to soften up.

4. Top tortilla with cooked eggs and spinach. You can tear the spinach apart or remove the stems if you like too.

5. Add salsa on top or on the side.

6. Enjoy!


I also paired this with an apple since I was really hungry.

What are some of your go-to meals after a run?


No comments:

Post a Comment