Saturday, July 30, 2016

OMaD - Week 30

Hello! This week turned out to be kinda crazy! A nice run followed by a fall followed by a trip to a clinic followed by day trip with my boyfriend! Whew!

July 17 - 23

Day 199: 0 Mile - A nice relaxing day with the boyfriend. Brunch. Netflix. Naps. Another birthday celebration dinner at his parents (his grandma turned 90 this past weekend!) then back to watch more of The Pacific.

Day 200: 7.01 Miles - Well, I got a late start, so it was hotter than it typically like. I was doing good during the entire run. My shins weren't hurting. If anything I was just tired of the heat. I had 0.15 a mile to go by the time I got back to where my car was parked. I went against my own rules and I ran along the side of the road. On the way back there were some cars and bikes and people walking. My Garmin finally beeped 7.00 miles. So I start making move to stop on the shoulder of the road at the edge of the gravel parking lot. My right ankle rolls. I stumble. I fall with totally awesome cat-like reflexes... and land my left knee. Ouch! I stood up... BLOOD! Yep. I knew it. It was bad, people. I hobbled to my car (past people who saw me go down and didn't say a thing) and get toilet paper and baby wipes to clean the leg and my knee. It was bad. First thought (beyond swearing a lot) that I need my Doctor Mom. I finally get a hold of her while I'm driving to her house to let her know. By the time I got there the wound at stopped bleeding, thankfully. At one point my mom go all the first aid stuff, my dad came out from his office, and my sister, off from work, came out of her room. They all looked at my knee and said, "You need stitches." My breathing quickens, I'm seeing stars. As my mom was saying that she wanted to me to sit some place better than at the kitchen table, I grab her arm and said, "No!". For the record, I didn't faint, but close to it. My sister is calling one of those clinics to see if they do stitches while I have my head between my knees and my mom is fanning me. So, basically, I ended up having 5 stitches on my lower knee. I finally ate a meal around 2:00 or so, which was 3.5 hrs after I finished my run.  My boyfriend called me when he got off of work (I had texted him that I fell and my mom was sending him updates. She was my hand holder and photographer. Lol!). I then spent the rest of the day on my sister's bed watching movies and eating popsicles and ice cream (I did have tacos for dinner). I think I took a nap around 7 or something like that. Lesson here, folks, be careful of running on the shoulder of a road and keep a med kit in the car! I'm definitely going to need some new running socks now.






Day 201: 0 Mile - I managed through work just fine. My knee was fine. Mentally I was still tired the whole day!

Day 202:  0 Mile - Stopped by the clinic for them to look at my Frankenknee (I love that name! Thanks, Mom!). No infection! Yay! Looks like I can get the stitches out late next week. Whew! I made a pretty banging meat loaf (Thanks, Alton Brown!) with some veggies for dinner with my boyfriend!

Day 203:  0 Mile - Well! Since I wasn't able to get my car's oil change and tires rotated on my day off (aka Monday) I got that all taken care of instead of running before work.

Day 204: 0 Mile - My last day of work for the week! Aaahh! I've been in a funk all day long. I had some slightly disappointing news last night and I think it just put me in a depression about life. I was so happy when work was over so that all I had to do was focus on the next day... a vacation day!
 
Day 205: 0 Mile - Barely a month ago or so my boyfriend and I were sharing lists of top food places for each state. One fore BBQ and pizza popped up and all of a sudden we ha decided that we needed to go to Austin just to eat some good food! So! We left early this morning got our necessary road trip food (trail mix and jerky). We got stuck in traffic downtown, but we made good time otherwise and made it to The Salt Lick right before noon! Yum! Then we walked around Lady Bird Lake for a bit before checking out Book People (I wanted to buy so many books!) and Waterloo Record (MS loves records!). Oh, and we did stop by an awesome Luke's Locker secretly for free water and a bathroom break, but I also got to check out some compression socks and awesome tanks (I was good and didn't buy anything!). Around 4:30 or so we decided  it was time to mosey our way home instead of eating pizza. I did stop at Buc-ee's on the way for MS to experience it and to get more yummies an some coffee. Oh, and don't forget the kolaches in West! I have now converted my boyfriend to a kolaches lover! Yes! We were home by 8:30pm. Tired but so ready for our next adventure.




Total Miles this week: 7.01 Miles 

Miles to Date: 359.89 Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment