Thursday, July 7, 2016

OMaD - Week 25 Recap

Even though it's the week before the first day of summer... I can already tell that it's here! Ack!

June 12 - June 18

Day 164:  0 Miles - It was a great, relaxing day. After a brunch of pancakes, eggs and bacon and coffee (one of my favorite!), my boyfriend and I headed out to REI. I found a totally awesome backpack that will work great for my trip to Vancouver, BC and for any other future adventures. We browsed Half Priced Books for a little but, but nothing jumped out at us. Back home it was totally a much of Dill Pickle Popcorn and watch 6 episodes of The Walking Dead (season 4, omg!).

Day 165:  9.01 Miles - Got up uber early to hit the lake. I got there around 7:45am or so, and the temps weren't too bad. It was definitely mid 70s with 100% humidity, but there was a little bit of a breeze (other than the one I created myself while running) that helped. I felt good for most of the entire run, I think it helped that I took a different route than what I typically do. The lat two miles, I have to admit, were a little hard cause I was tiring out. But I did it! The rest of the day consisted of a BBQ lunch with a friend, crashing for a couple of hours then commencing a the Summer Purge of my apartment.

Day 166:  0 Miles - I skipped my morning gym visit to sleep in (I really needed it) and did some more purging. I also decided to hit up Old Navy to take advantage of the sale. I was hoping to score some good running clothes, but nothing fit quite right. Boo! I did walk away with an awesome donut tee shirt and two pairs of shorts. I can't wait to wear them! I've been wearing black colored shorts for a year, so I'm a little excited to be branching out a bit!

Day 167:  0 Miles - Rest day. MS and I decided that it was time for some legit Philly Cheese Steaks. Yum! Then more popcorn as I finally started watching Band of Brothers. It's good so far!

Day 168:  6.22 Miles - It's official. I hate summer run. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about what to wear (hello, tanks and shorts!), but dang! It is so blessedly hot out! The moment I got to the park I knew this was going to be a hot run. Thankfully there was a breeze every so often, but I totally took advantage of running in the shaded wooded area. However, once I got to 4.75 miles the F-bombs were landing and continued landing until I finished. So hot! But I did it! I'm ready for Fall weather running! 

Day 169: 0 Miles - Long day at work, but it I made up with it afterwards. My boyfriend ate at one of our favorite taco spots, Resident Taqueria. Take a look at those deliciousness! Then after that we had our first special ice cream stacker from Cow Tipping Creamery. So rich. So good. So much ice cream! Back at my apartment he finally nudge me into using my dishwasher for the very first time. I have a huge confession to make. In the seven years that I have been living in an apartment I have washed all my dishes by hand. True story. Well, I've gotten so busy with work and running and a dating life that I know need to use the dishwasher. I cleaned the heck out of it, but was still unsure. So the next thing I know MS is loading my machine full of dishes and made me put a detergent in it. Yep. My mom is proud of me (truth!).

Day 170: 0 Miles - Is it the weekend yet? Not for this girl. Boo!


Total Miles this week: 15.23 Miles  

Miles to Date: 308.11 Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment