Thursday, July 7, 2016

OMaD - Week 27

There is light at the end of the tunnel as to a normal-ish work schedule, and the holiday is coming!

June 26 - July 2

Day 178:  0 Mile - It was such a nice relaxing Sunday! My boyfriend and I had brunch at the Coffee House Cafe, which was totally worth the wait. Then it was off to the Galleria to do some shopping. We made it home in time to start the crockpot to make our own chicken taco meat. Then we watched Band of Brothers while we waited. I gotta say, the tacos were ah-mazing! This is the recipe, we used. I found on Pinterest Saturday afternoon. It's definitely one of our favorites now!

Day 179:  8.01 Miles - It was hot. Terribly hot. I struggled with my run. I actually had to cut it down from a 9 miler to an 8. My legs were achy, making me worried about shin splints. I was also an idiot and did not foam roll or stretch well after the run. But I did lounge around all day relaxing and binge watched the Masterpiece Mystery series Granchester.

Day 180:  0 Mile - Crazy busy day, especially for a Tuesday. I didn't get to relax until I was home. I swung by the story to get an apple pie and some ice cream because it was one of those days. In fact, it is true. In the past 15 days I did work 12 of them. On 2 of the 3 days off I ran long distance and had appointments. This past Monday was the only day that I did nothing. Whew! My shins were achy too, which was worrisome. I ended up eating my dessert with compression sleeves on my legs and a bag of frozen veggies on my shins.... and totally falling asleep like that (plate was empty).

Day 181:  0 Mile - FINALLY a nice day off! I chilled and played solitaire all morning before I headed out to get my hair cut. I had lunch with my parents before I headed out to a long wait at the eye doctor. But it was successful. My eyes are good. I got a new pair of glasses and got a rebate by having them put in prescription lenses in my new pair of Ray Bands that MS bought me. Then it was off to have Chinese for dinner and froyo with my awesome sweet. 

Day 182:  4.01 Miles - I was worried about my shins during this run, but after awhile they weren't achy, which was great. I did make sure that I foam rolled and used my stick to massage them. When I got home I totally ate the rest of my ice cream from the other night.

Day 183: 0 Mile -It's almost the weekend! My besties and I spent the hot evening at Shakespeare in the Park. It was a great night!

Day 184: 0 Mile - It was a very busy day at work, but thankfully the moment I was free my three day three day weekend began! My boyfriend and I joined my parents and siblings for dinner before the kiddos (aka us younger people) went to Top Golf. I should stick to running because I suck at golf other than putt-putt.


Total Miles this week: 12.02 Miles  

Miles to Date: 333.71 Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment