Saturday, January 23, 2016

OMaD - Week 4 Recap

Reintroducing strength training! Yay!

January 17 - January 23

Day 17: 0 Miles - Sunday totally became a slip in day, but it was worth it!

Day 18: 4.03 Miles - I got to run in a completely new place today! I made my way over to Arbor Hills Nature Preserve to hit the hills. It has some great elevation changes, and the scenery is really nice. There were some people out since it was the holiday. I was expecting less because it was around 30 degrees out. Oh well! It was a great run. I was looking at my Garmin stats the other day notice that the last three times I ran 4 miles I have been a very consistent 45 minute runner. Sweet! When I was getting ready for the run I noticed that my glove was giving me the finger. I had pulled them out of my running bag the moment I checked the weather. Yikes!




Day 19: 0 Miles - Since my running schedule changed again this week I did this 20 minute workout from Popsugar with my new kettlebell. You certainly break a sweat with this one! I'm really wanting to work on my abs since I got a little fluffy in the middle. I don't feel much of anything in my abs right now (about 5 hours after workout), but I know my forearms got a workout. I'll be looking for more workouts soon!

Day 20: 0 Miles - Boy! I totally woke up feeling that kettlebell workout this morning! I was walking around all achy and "oofing"! It was great! I felt it all in the inside of my thighs and left forearm. I felt nothing in my core, which obviously means I need to work on that.

Day 21: 0 Miles - I was so tired and it was so cold outside I didn't get up early to go run. I figured that I'd try to hit the treadmill after work, but it was even colder ten that I couldn't get myself to leave the warm apartment to walk a block to our little gym! Just imagining walking back sweaty (even wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt after) was horrible. Brrr! I'm ready for spring! 

Day 22: 0 Miles - In continued attempt to be a runner I thought I'd wake up early to run 30-45 minutes on the treadmill before work, especially since I knew that a coworker was bringing donuts! Guess what... FAIL! Sleep sounded better! After work, I brought my guy to my work's "book club" dinner before we went home to watch some Dexter, which is our new show. 

Day 23: 0 Miles - Work, work, work. Boo, boo, boo!

Total Miles this week: 4.03 Miles 

Miles to Date: 18.29 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment