Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hello 2016!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I'm finally getting around to blogging more after a bit of a break! To start off with... I have to say that this New Year post is a lot different than 2015's!

I'm in a far better place than this time last year. I. Am. Happy!

I've finally overcome a lot of the emotions and stress from last year that stemmed from things that happened in 2014. I started this blog to help me find an outlet. For me to talk about something that has never failed me... Running. Boy! Has it helped! In addition to starting the blog I had set goals for myself:

  • "One Mile A Day" challenge. I attempted to walk/run/cycle a minimum of one mile a day for the entire year.
  • Improve my nutrition. I certainly tried to do that, but did not do very well. I maintained my weight though, which was a good thing. Until November, that is. 
  • Dallas Marathon. All of a sudden right before Christmas 2014 I decided that I was going to run the Dallas Marathon. I had a lot of reasons. But I know for sure that I wanted to prove to myself that I was an amazing person and could do anything I could set my mind to. I totally achieved that challenged.

A long the way I learned about myself. Went to through trials and errors while discovering new friends and learning about my best friends. In the midst of training for a marathon (in a time when many say you have no social life) I met my new best friend... my guy, who told me he loved me on Christmas Day. He's a guy that I can't imagine not being in my life, which seems so crazy.

Now I'm looking at 2016 with a smile. Who knows what to come. I hope it all good. I have races planned already. I'm not sure if another marathon is in my 2016 calendar, but don't hold it past me!

I hope that we all have an amazing 2016! Please stick around to see what's to come on See Dot Run!

Peace, Love, Rock 'n' Roll... Run!


No comments:

Post a Comment