Saturday, January 23, 2016

2016 Looking Forward To's

Oh look! It's almost the end of January, and I am just posting this! I want to try and mix things up a bit and try not to set belated New Year's resolutions in 2016. Honestly, I've never been able to keep any of them, especially the diet ones! Haha! No. Instead, like last year I may set some goals, which I'll settle on soon enough. But I want to say there is a lot of things to look forward to this year.

What am I looking forward to?!
Beef Running! This year I get to run specific races and represent the Texas Beef Council's Running Team. Go Beef! My first race is coming up in February!

An International Run! This year I get to take a trip to Vancouver, BC to run the SeaWheeze Half Marathon. I'm pretty excited about it, and a bit apprehensive all at the same time. Once I get plane tickets (can we talk about how crazy plane tickets are?!) I think it'll all settle in!

New PRs! My current half marathon PR is 02:34:38. I'd be so ecstatic if I can get a sub 02:3 or a 02:20! Last September I had an 03:27 5k. A sub-30 would be awesome too!

Shape and Tone! All last year I did really good to maintain my strength and running abilities. In fact, I guess you can say that I improved it when I started to train for the marathon. But this year, I really want to work on getting some tone and strengthening my weak points, like my arms. Getting lean would be nice too! Around the time of marathon training taper and through now I lost the tone I had and I gained some fat in the middle. I really don't want to buy new pants! (No, this isn't a weight loss goal/resolution! I swear!!).

New Adventures! I'm dating a totally awesome guy, which makes my heart so happy! He filled avoid that my life was missing, and I know that there will be some adventures of all sorts along the way this year! I can't wait!


What are you looking forward to this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment