Friday, February 24, 2017

2017 OMaD - Week 3

This has been a crazy week! Exciting yet crazy!

January 15 - January 21

Day 15: 0 Miles -No running today! Wedding things to do! My fiance and I met with a potential photographer. She was really fun and awkward like we are, and we loved her style. After that we had lunch with my friends (wedding party), my mom, my sister and my new sister-in-law (my dad and aunt were receiving text messages). Then it was dress shopping! Aaah! We had fun. I had a style in mind, but we found a style that was even prettier on me. I was torn between two dresses because of their different elements. So I needed to sleep on it. My hubby-to-be meet us at my parents house for dinner before we headed home. It was a crazy day. It felt weird to be in the spotlight, but it was fun. I was constantly thinking about what dress I liked better. At least we had decided that we were going to book the photographer!

Day 16: 0 Miles - I was exhausted this morning. I didn't stay up late, but it was all from yesterday's festivities! I met up with my mom and we discussed dressed. I finally figured out what I wanted - basically a combo of the two from Sunday. By default I knew I may be able to get one of the dresses in a different color, but it had to be looked into. We called around to other salons to find other places to go to next Sunday. No one had openings except for one place, Terry Costa,  because they don't do appointments. My mom and I decided that we could stop by and look around at the prices to see if there was anything worth while. Basically, what you do there is sign in and your name is added to a dressing room wait list. You're also given a hanging spot before they let you loose to find your own dresses to try on. When it's your turn in a dressing room, a stylist will take your dresses and help you while they help others too. The first dress was almost what I was looking for. It was inexpensive! But I wasn't feeling it. So I tried one on that was similar but more of what I was looking for material-wise. At first I wasn't sure about some elements. Then a veil was added and I walked on this little stage back and forth and looking at myself... and I started crying. I liked it a lot. I tried on a third dress just to be sure, and it was pretty but it wasn't it either. I liked the other. I had six other dresses to possibly try on, but I wanted to try on the second dress again. Yeah, I liked it. I could've ordered a new one, but the one I had on would've fit almost perfectly if it wasn't for a broken zipper. Because of that zipper they offered it to me at a lower price ($340 lower price). There is about 4 inches of seam in the bodice that can be used to fix the zipper and make it fit better in the chest. Plus, the veil was discounted too. So. I said "Yes, to the dress" and had my picture taken with my mom. We walked home with a dress! Now, I need to shop for undergarments!

I called my and texted my bridesmaids and maid of honor to let them know!

Day 17: 0 Miles - No running today, but I did a kettlebell workout and push ups to make up for it.

Day 18: 0 Miles - Definitely a rest day!

Day 19: 3.15 Miles - All I can remember is that it was on the treadmill!

Day 20: 0 Miles - Nada.

Day 21: 0 Miles - Nope. Memory gone!

Total Miles this week: 3.15 Miles

Miles to Date: 12.51 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment