Tuesday, September 27, 2016

OMaD - Week 39

Surprises. Change to training. A 5k race.



September 18 - September 24

Day 262: 9.01 Miles - Last short-er run until taper! Aaaah! I slept in this morning because I was up late with my love. We got engaged after all! Plus some rain was coming through early this morning. It all worked out because I was still under the impression that I was surprising M with brunch with his friends and I had a time schedule to follow. I got to his place right on schedule and we headed out for brunch soon after. Little did I know it was actually an engagement party! After that it was spending time with friends before hitting up the families. Then we made the announcement on Facebook and proceeded to break it!

Day 263: 7.33 Miles Cross Training - While I ran a load of laundry I went to the gym for 30 minutes. I cycled while I talked to my mom. Got more chores done. Bought my first ring holder to keep my sparkly pretty safe when I'm running or doing chores or cooking. Oh, and I think we broke Facebook with our engagement announcement.

Day 264: 6.52 Miles - I was suppose to run 8 today per the training schedule I have. However, since I'm running a 5k race on Saturday I didn't want to go over my mileage because I'm always a little worried about over training. So,  subtracted 1.5 miles from each of my mid-week runs. It was a hard run cause it was already 85 degrees and it was humid in the morning before the clouds moved out. A lot of walking, but I got it done.

Day 265: 0 Mile - Rest day! I was so tired this morning that I slept in till the very last minute without being late to work.

Day 266: 5.5 Miles - It's been a long day. My run was less than stellar, but it's done. Now I just have to run a 5k for the Beef Team on Saturday at the Plano Balloon Fest. I kept on thinking that it was Friday too, which totally sucks! Also last night I had a moment of reality hitting me. I'm engaged. This is really happening. Not a year from now, but now.

Day 267: 0 Mile - Extremely tired this morning so no cross training. I got to have lunch with my good friend HL and helped boost my day.

Day 268: 3.10 Miles - Plano Balloon Fest 5k! I woke up before dawn to get myself ready for the race. I got there about 1.5 hr early, which was a little too early for my taste, especially I was there by myself (HC couldn't make it... bummer). They had some good amount of porta potties that were clean (nice!). I scared a guy when he opened the door to mine (thankfully I had my shorts up already!). I was starving 30 minutes before the race, which made me frustrated. Thankfully, however, there was a Clif bar tent with samples and I totally took advantage of that. I met some other Beef Team runners, which was nice. The race started a little later than 7:30 for some reason, but all was good. I ran the entire race (minus 30 seconds or so right before a hill), and finished in 34 minutes. That was great! Last year I ran it in 30 minutes and some change, but I know my body is a little different now. All in all it was good. After that my boyfriend fiance and I spent the afternoon shopping at places that we can't get to (aka the stores that are closed on Sunday!).

Total Miles this week: 31.46 Miles 

Miles to Date: 544.73 Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment