Tuesday, September 20, 2016

OMaD - Week 38

It's the middle of September already! What is happening to the time?!



September 11 - September 17

Day 255: 12.01 Miles - I had one of the best days so far this year. It started out a little rough with not being able to find my running shorts, which is crazy. But I found them after 30 minutes. Grrr. I was a little grumpy at the fact that I was off schedule, but stepping outside and feeling the cool 66 degree weather totally made up for it. My 12 miles were really good, especially compared to last week's 11. Only the last 3 miles were hard and required more walking intervals, but I got it done. Then when I got to my boyfriend's I found flowers on the dining table. He made me breakfast then I totally took a nap on his couch while he vegged on a Netflix for an hour. After that, it was time to stroll around the Galleria for a while. We eventually found our way to our favorite ramen place for dinner, which was so good. We had such a good time, and at least I was laughing a lot. It was a great day and I want more like this!

Day 256: 7.35 Miles - Well, I  decided to do my cross training today. At the gym I cycled for 30 minutes and gained 7.35 miles. Then I did a 20 minute kettle bell workout. After getting clean and snuggling with my kitty cat I went to my parents' house for lunch. My mom and I went out to Nordstrom Rack were I tried on at least 15 dresses to find something to wear to my brother's wedding that's coming in a couple of months. I found three dress, two of which are potentials for the wedding. My mom was totally awesome and she helped pay for one dress and a pair of shoes. Yay! I'm also excited that I found a dress (that matches the girly shoes that I got) I could wear for my anniversary dinner that's coming next month! Score!

Day 257: 6.01 Miles - So I learned a lesson to day. Do not kettle bell work out the day before a run. Nope. I was so sore that running this morning was hard. It took me an extra 10 minutes or so to get it done. There was a lot of walking involved.

Day 258: 0 Mile - REST DAY! Yay! I'm hoping that my muscles will recoup from working out three days in a row. Doh! I was certainly walking a little funny today, and sitting down is hard. Hee hee. Anyway. I'm hoping that running tomorrow is going to go well. In other news I totally spent my entire lunch our to drive to my hair dresser's so that she could take 5 minutes to trim my bangs. I've been trying hard to wait to get my hair cut until next month a couple weeks before my brother's wedding, but also for my anniversary. I think I'll pull it off, but it's gonna be hard! Oh! I'm so happy I spent the time to get them trimmed cause I'm meeting my boyfriend's friends and wives again for a surprise brunch on Sunday! (I'm posting this after the brunch so that he won't see it before hand!).

Day 259: 6.01 Miles - I woke up extra early this morning to get my run in because I had a business meeting set for 2 hrs before my normal work schedule. Ack! I started out at 7:30 then all of a sudden my phone is blinging! My mom started a group text with my sister and I to talk about plans for my brother's wedding! Oh boy! Well, every 0.25 - 0.5 mile I would stop and say something. What also made it a challenge was the humidity. It was at 88% that morning. I was dripping sweat from the brim of my hat it was that bad! After my meeting I got some nice strong cold brew fro the local coffee shop (it's stronger than Starbucks, people!) and I was set for the entire day! No joke!

Day 260: 0 Mile - Rest Day! I was definitely tired, as usual. So it was a good thing I switched my cross training days to Monday. But I would really like to be able to get some core or arm strengthening work out of the way on Fridays. Work in progress... again!

Day 261: 0 Mile - I was up late last night I'm kinda paying for it now. Just overall tired in the head an eyes. What helped with my work day is I got to leave 2 hours early so that I can get some grocery shopping done and surprise my boyfriend. I made him dinner tonight, which he loved! Then it was his turn to completely surprise me! More to come on that!

Total Miles this week: 31.38 Miles 

Miles to Date: 513.27 Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment