Tuesday, September 20, 2016

See Dot Engaged!

So. I mentioned in my last One Mile a Day update post that on Saturday I was going to surprise my boyfriend by leaving work early to get to the grocery store then to his apartment to start cooking him dinner. All of this was in connection of celebrating an important anniversary for him. Additionally, his best friend BM and I had been in cahoots to surprise him with brunch with all of his friends.

As of Saturday night, everything was going to plan. M was surprised. He loved my dinner. Yay! Score! After we did dishes I got into comfy clothes and plopped onto the couch. I was guessing that we were going to watch a movie or Netflix next. M disappeared into the bathroom then came back and sat down on the chaise part of the couch. He was facing me... as I'm still lounging. He started getting all mushy. Saying how much he loved me. How he can't wait to see what the next chapter will be in our future. That he can't wait to start writing that chapter with me.

As he was saying that he was struggling to pull out something from his pant packet. I thought it was his phone, but nope.

It was a box. A little black box. He cracked it up open and said, "Dorothy, will you marry me?" There was a beautiful ring staring at me.

I was stunned! I stared at the ring. It was so quiet in the room! I know one of my hands went to my mouth, and I thought "Don't do that!" and I dropped it down to my lap. I looked up at him, and said, "Yes!" And he slipped the ring on.

The picture doesn't do it justice. It's VERY sparkly!


I started to giggling like crazy. To the point that tears were coming out of the corner of my eyes. Giggle, giggle, giggle, giggle.

I did ask him if he had talked to my parents. He did. A couple days before.

I was completely surprised. I knew that we would get engaged at some point, but probably next year at the earliest. Boy was I wrong!

Wanna know another surprise? That brunch party for M. It was actually a surprised engagement party for me. He had his friends and two of my friends were there (more were suppose to come but things like sickness happen). My boyfriend was in on that brunch idea the. entire. time. It was his idea. I was basically double-crossed. I'll forgive the him and his friend. But I may not trust them for a little while. Hee hee!

After brunch we had coffee with BM and my bestie JM. Then it was off to my future in-law's house. Then to my parents. Then it was a dinnertime alone.

We don't have any dates and plans yet because we want to enjoy the engagement. But we're prepping ourselves for that planning stage when we're ready!

Oh, I already got an engagement gift. A wife of one of M's friends framed a picture of us and gave me D Magazine Wedding and The Knot's Texas Look Book. And a punch of ring pops!

Aaah! I can't believe it happened!!! I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with my best friend and the love of my life!

So, yes, I will be talking about wedding stuff eventually!










No comments:

Post a Comment