Tuesday, October 4, 2016

OMaD - Week 40

Cold front. Rain. Tough long distance run. Better mid-week runs.



September 25 - October 1

Day 269: 14.01 Miles -This was the hardest and most horrible run I have had yet during this training season. My head and heart wasn't into the run. I was up before dawn trying to figure out the weather forecast. The cold front was moving in and that means rain an scattered thunderstorms. I ended up going. It started out ok. It humid. Then at around mile 3 or so it down poured. About 1.5 miles later it stopped. I didn't feel bad about running in the rain. It was definitely cooler. But I was worried about my phone getting wet (my Fitletics belt doesn't seem to water resistant). My legs hurt. My feet hurt. I was hungry at one point and didn't bring enough fuel so I had ration it carefully. Then it rained a little more. Basically. It took 30 minutes longer than expected for me to get this run in. I was doubting myself. Doubting ever running marathons again after this one since at the rate I was going it'd take my 6.5 hours to finish a full marathon. It was rough. I made it home through a big rain storm. Thankfully my fiance was ready for me with a towel, and made me a great breakfast while I warmed up in a shower.

Day 270: 0 Miles Cross Training -No cross training today. I felt like I had so much to do in terms of errands and such. Thanks to the cool front, rain in the morning and cloudy skies all day... I had to wear jeans today!

Day 271: 7.51 Miles - Technically I was supposed to run 8 miles today, but I think I'm getting to the point that I'm going to try to evenly split the miles for my two mid-week runs. Since the shoes I ran in on Sunday were still damp I pulled out one of my new pairs, which were a lot of fun to run in.  The run was really good, which makes me happy.

Day 272: 0 Mile - Rest day, and I'm happy about it! I felt blah all day and had stressful discussions via text, which resulted in a stressed evening.

Day 273: 7.51 Miles - Woke up feeling like I could sleep for days. But I got out there and did the run. It was a nice run. Hoping to have more like it, especially on Sunday! But by the time I got to work I was done.

Day 274: 0 Mile - Rest day! Yay!

Day 275: 0 Mile - Not too bad of a day. Trying to keep myself positive for my long run tomorrow morning.

Total Miles this week: 29.03 Miles 

Miles to Date: 573.76 Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment