Tuesday, October 18, 2016

OMaD - Week 42

This is the week that I've felt like crap and really want to make some changes... and stick to them.



October 9 - October 15

Day 283: 0 Mile - It felt amazing to sleep in! This may be my last or second the last Sunday that I'd be able to sleep in until after the marathon in December! Aaah! My fiance and I had brunch out before getting to work on some things like writing and mailing our thank you cards for our engagement party (I still made the month deadline!). 

Day 284: 0 Mile - No cross training again, but I should have. I was achy still from the half marathon last Saturday. I got my oil change done and visited my parents for a bit. Then it was office to the Texas State Fair with my hubby-to-be. We had a lot of fun. Got to try a Fletcher's corn dog for the first time. Got to see adorable animals and ride the Ferris Wheel. We probably could've used at least another hour or two to see everything that we wanted, but we also were just plain stuck in line for the Ferris Wheel for a while. It was a lot of fun. We did try the new Fried Jello treat, and it was pretty good tasting!

Day 285: 7.00 Miles - My achilles was achy at the beginning of the run, but disappeared around the 5k mark. Then at mile 4.5 or 5 it was back, and it was starting to hurt worse. I pretty much cut my run from 8 to 7 cause I felt like I was hobbling while running. Not good. I got the car and headed home. The rest of the day I was achy until around 7pm that night. I think my one pair of running shoes are worn out even thought I'm not quite up to 300 miles on them yet. But, I also think I'm getting to the point of training where I'm feeling everything. I also talked to my running friend and 10x marathon JDB. She just finished her 10th marathon in Chicago, and while she was training she lost 14 pounds. I had to ask how she did it cause I need to some serious help. Basically, portions, counting calories, more fruits and veggies and so on. Everything that I need to do...

Day 286: 0 Mile - The day started out well, but after eating a box lunch provided by work I felt like crap. All I had was a roast beef sandwich and chocolate chip cookie, but I felt sick afterwards complete with headache and stomachache. I ate a small portion of spaghetti for dinner then had a banana and a slice of sourdough bread to help the hunger. I probably should've had more pasta, but I really want to get better this eating thing!

Day 287: 8.01 Mile - For this morning run I wore my knee-high compression socks for the first time (while running). It wasn't too bad! I was worried that I'd be annoyed with them after awhile. However, that wasn't a case. I tried to take my time with this run because I didn't know how my legs and achilles were going to act during this run. Plus, I was trying to slow myself down. Basically. My legs felt good, but my hip flexors were achy! Finally around mile 5.5 or 6 that went away (I think it helped that I was running on an even surface). I finish the run and felt pretty darn good! Yay! While on my run I was thinking about yoga. I've been wondering if I should try a class somewhere to see if it'd help me with aches and pains but also help give me some tone? Hmmmm.

Day 288: 0 Mile - Rest day! Full of good food and junk... My besties and I went to Shakespeare in the Park last night after work. We proceeded to stuff ourselves with Pei Wei and cheesecake. It was a lot of fun!

Day 289: 0 Mile - Work! But it was great afterwards cause MS and I had dinner with our friend (his bestie) BM.We went to this new vegan restaurant and it was really good!

Total Miles this week: 15.02 Miles 

Miles to Date: 632.01 Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment