Friday, August 26, 2016

OMaD - Week 34

OMG! What a weekend! Red-eye flight back home. Jet lag. Marathon training!



August 14 - August 20

Day 227: 0 Miles - Last day in Vancouver! We checked out of our apartment around 11. We explored the city a little more, which was kinda hard cause we were so tired but also cause our backpacks were so heavy! We finally ate some Poutine, which was pretty tasty! I was surprised. Hee hee. Then we hung out at the Seawall for a little bit. We ended up at the airport about 4 or so hours before our flight because we figured we could take a nap at the gate and have easy access to bathrooms. Security wasn't bad and we went to U.S. Customs right after that! Yay! Our flight to Seattle was on a propeller plane, which was so cool and scary! Lol. Then we had a red-eye flight to Dallas (it left at 11:50pm PT and landed 5:30am CT).

Day 228: 0 Miles - Still a travel day, so to speak. 5:30am my mom picked up and took us home. JM got coffee and food and headed out to work (crazy!) and I changed clothes before I left to get to my boyfriends who promised me breakfast. Pretty much after breakfast I crashed on his couch for 2 hours. I was so sleepy the entire day until he took me out to our favorite Tex-Mex place... Chuy's!!!... for some pretty damn good fajitas!

Day 229: 6.01 Miles - Officially first day of Marathon Training! Aaaah! 6 miles in the bag. It was slow and a little achy. The first 2 miles were hard, but it got better after that. I'm hoping that this training season and the more advance plan won't kill me!

Day 230: 0 Miles - Rest day!! It was a good day at work. Then I got to my boyfriend's and he was already cooking dinner (a test sample of what he was going to cook at work the next day). Then after that I finally got to watch the first two episodes of Stranger Things! This is the life right here! :-)

Day 231: 5.01 Miles - This one was a little harder than the 6 miler earlier this week. I think the humidity was up, and my pace was faster since I'm trying to stick to the training schedule. There was more walking during this run, but I finished strong though. I wore compression socks for half of the work day then took them off. Then at the very end of the day I squatted down quickly to put away something and I totally hurt my leg from the knee to angle area. I think it's a sensitive tendon.

Day 232: 3.5 Miles -Well, I got up uber early to pack some clothes for my doggy sitting gig for the weekend and to hit the gym. I had a 20 minute easy bike ride. All day at work my leg ached. Awesome. Not.

Day 233: 0 Miles - A nice and quiet day at work. Granted a giant rain storm helped with that. They my awesome boyfriend decided to cook for my sister and I. Yum!


Total Miles this week: 14.52 Miles 

Miles to Date: 421.80 Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment