Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Marathon Training... It Begins!

All right people! It is time! Marathon Training!

I can't believe that it's time already! I had been hemming and hawing over it for months back in the springtime. I talked to my mom about it. I talked to my boyfriend about it. I decided I would run Dallas again. Then I flipped and wanted to run the BCS. Then I would talk to my running buddy HC about it and I would flip back to Dallas. Then I realized that the BCS would make me happier and more excited than Dallas. So! Back in May I registered for the BCS Marathon on December 11. Aaaah! Once I had registered it was then time to wait. And wait. And wait.


I'm excited that I get to test myself again to see what I'm made of.


TRAINING PLAN 
Well. I'm sticking with Hal Higdon's plan, but I'm gonna try to bump it up a notch by doing the Novice 2 training plan.  Last year I did Novice 1, and I felt it was good schedule to go with. After some thought earlier this year I felt that I needed to get more LSD runs in that were 20 miles long or close to so that I don't hit the wall as hard (preferably not at all) during the race like I did last year during the Dallas Marathon (which reminds me that I never got to post my race recap for that day... oops! You'll get it soon, I think! ).

http://halhigdon.com/training/51143/Marathon-Novice-Supreme-Training-Program

My running buddy HC has decided to try out the Hanson method and will be running 6 days a week. I don't think that's for me. I'm good running 3-4 days a week with strength training mixed in. We'll see how it goes!


To keep myself going here is a nice thing to think about every time I run....

On different occasions, I have had two US Marines say, "F that!" when I told them a marathon is 26.2 miles. Now, if that doesn't make you feel like a badass then I don't know what will!

Are you running/training a marathon this season? 

What marathon training plan do you like to follow? 

No comments:

Post a Comment