Sunday, August 14, 2016

OMaD - Week 33

OMG! What a week! First spent the weekend with my boyfriend, then the first part of the week at work, then my best friend JM and I head out to Vancouver for a mini-vaca complete with a half marathon! Plus! Technically (unofficially) BCS Marathon Training begins this week!



August 7 - August 13

Day 220: 0 Mile - A good day, but an upsetting day because I tried to find a new pair of pants. So not only have I gone up a pant size, but I can't fin anything in my size 12 size... I felt so lousy and disgusted with myself. I even snapped at my boyfriend. Thankfully he was understanding and we talked it out, but I shouldn't have taken it out on him.

Day 221: 6.70 Mile - Initially, I was thinking of running 8-9 miles since this week, no matter what, was going to be different than my training schedule. But... it was hot. My back/shoulders were wrecked from sleeping wrong. I didn't want to run another 1.3 miles to get to 8. So I decided to stop at 6.70. P.S. I find that 7 milers are slightly unlucky for me... so I don't run just to seven anymore. I had dinner with my boyfriend since I probably won't see him until I come back next Monday.

Day 222: 0 Mile - Spent the morning getting things ready for my trip to Vancouver! Only two more days! I'm starting to stress out about getting everything done and to get everything packed into my backpack (that's right, people, I'm only traveling with a backpack!).

Day 223:  0 Mile - Last day of work before flying to Vancouver! My nerves are all over the place!

Day 224: 0 Mile - Today's the day! My bestie and I got up uber early to have my mom take us to the airport. Security wasn't bad, which is always my worries. We got to Seattle with 30 minutes to spare, whew! Canadian customs wasn't too bad either. I got to say, the moment we walked outside of the airport it felt AH-MAZING! We took the Skytrain into downtown and we walked to our Airbnb host and apartment. We were so excited to be here. Then we passed out for a nap before waking up and getting some tasty ramen on Robson street and going to a Whole Foods before walking along the Seawall.

Day 225: 0 Mile - First full day in Vancouver! We went to the convention center to get my package. Surprising, the SeaWheeze you don't wear a shirt bib - just two chip ribbons for your shoes. I really like the little duffel bag, sunglasses and water bottle that came with my swag. I wasn't able to go to the Lulumon store because of the CRAZY line to get in. Plus, I knew things would be expensive. After that JM and I explored and went to Granville Island! Such a fun place! The fruits there looked amazing! For dinner we went to a little grocery store, Urban Fare, to get some hot food at their cafe. I had prime rib, roasted potatoes and veggies. Yum!
 
Day 226: 13.66 Miles - Race day! I got up before dawn and watched the sky and water change colors as the sun came up. I was nervous because I felt a little out of place since I'm not much of a girly, yoga, Lulumon runner than a LOT of these runners are. But I had fun once I started running in my Beef Team jersey. The course was really pretty and quite hilly. I think I started out too fast, but my Garmin didn't help me with because of the buildings I running between. My overall time was 03:00:06, which is 20-30 minutes slower than normal. I knew the hills were going to get me along with the fact that I had walked around the city the day before. Plus, I did have to the bathroom that was off course cause I couldn't wait in a porta-potty line at the next water station. After the getting some more swag and skipping out of the food line, JM and I went back to the apartment for breakfast, a shower, and nap. After that we explored Chinatown, Gastown, then made it the shuttle for Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, which was amazing! At the end of the day I had ran/walked 22 miles! Whoa!!!  I wore my compression socks during the first part of city exploration, which helped a lot!


Total Miles this week: 20.36 Miles 

Miles to Date: 407.28 Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment