Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Marathon Training Monday - Week #11 and Week #12

Week #11 and #12 finished in my marathon training! This recap is in addition to my weekly One Mile a Day challenge updates. I've decided to mix up my marathon training schedule a little bit (thanks to my running buddy H) to see if it will help me out in timing in relations to getting to work. To know more read here.

R = Rest*
# = Miles
CT = Cross Training

*Rest days I don't do anything other than chill/work/walk 1 mile. I may do light core workouts, especially if I missed it on CT day.


WEEK #11
15/R/8/R/8/CT/R

Sunday: My first 15! Whoo hoo! It was actually went really well, despite the bit of jitters I had leading up to the run. I had a really good night the evening before (I made headway on my apt cleaning and Pandora was on a roll with good tunes.) I ran 7.5 miles around the lake, hitting the trails that I haven't seen for a while. Some the trails weren't smooth, which may have aggravated my hip flexor a bit, but it wasn't too bad. It certainly made me take it nice and steady. Around Mile 10 or so I was starting to feel a bit sore in the hips, but I was still going strong. I totally killed it the last mile though, which felt awesome. I had a big ol' grin on my face when I finished. I did it!

Tuesday: A good 8 miler a the local park. There's a section of the park where there is a bit of a windy road surrounding several soccer fields. It is a mile all the way around. So! today, I ran around it four times to build up the miles to 6 before heading back toward the car for the last 2 miles. Not too bad.

Wednesday: Actually.... I did some light core work and arm work! Whoo hoo! I'm trying!

Thursday: Another 8 miles. I did the same route as I did on Thursday. It was a little harder this morning to get in the groove of running, but once I was in the 1 mile loops it wasn't too bad. There is a bit of humidity in the air since rain is suppose to hit North Texas soon, but about half way through my run a nice strong wind came in and would cool me down. Niiiice.

Friday: A little more cross training done! I did some push ups, sit ups, then a little weights. I tried out the Beginner Class by Rebecca Pacheco with Runners World, but it was difficult. I think part of it because I hardly ever do yoga, and it's hard to do everything the right way when you're trying to watch someone do it on you phone! I'll keep giving it a try to see if I can get use to it!

WEEK #12
16/R/8/R/9/CT/R

Sunday: Whew! 16 miles in the bag! I was worried that the rain was going to stop my weekly plan, which mean I would have to run the LSD on Monday (boo!). I kept on waking up in the wee hours of the morning to listen for rain. I would hear the drip, drip, drip and I would go back to sleep. Then I, all of a sudden, woke up and I heard nothing. I looked at my weather app and saw that there was little to no chance of rain for the rest of the day. Ah! I had to go! The run itself wasn't too bad. I felt good for the most part after the first mile, which was always a little rough. I turned around at Mile 7.60 instead of Mile 8 because I got caught up in a thought in my head, but I made up for it at the end of the run. At about Mile 10 my thighs were definitely becoming sore, but at least it wasn't my hips. The last mile I totally picked up speed to get it done. I certainly felt accomplished!

Tuesday: 8 Miles - Because I had a dentist appointment that I didn't want to move to another day (seriously, there wouldn't have been a better day) and because I did get myself out of bed fast enough I had to split my 8 miles into 4 miles in the morning before the day could begin and 4 miles after the day has ended. All on the treadmill. Oy! It was good. I'm not a huge fan of treadmills, but for today it worked. It would also work on a rainy day (and the run isn't an LSD!!!!).

Wednesday: No cross training today.

Thursday: 9.05 Miles - Dare I say this was slightly easy? I made it out to the lake and just zoned in for most of the run, which was nice.

Friday: No cross training. I had stuff to do! Hee hee.

THOUGHTS 
My mind is a little foggy on this, but I want to say that the last two training weeks weren't so bad! I certainly impressed myself when I ran 15 and 16 miles! Whoo hoo!

Stay tuned for the recap of Week #13 and Week #14! 

No comments:

Post a Comment