Friday, July 31, 2015

Food Friday - Roasted Rainbow Veggies

Wow! Uuuh, I think it's been a really long time since I've actually done a Food Friday post. So, a recap! I'm planning on getting my nutrition better as I start my training for my marathon in December. While I was finding something easy and healthy to make for my girls night out at Shakespeare in the Park, I found another side dish that is perfect for me.

The blog Simply Vegan Blog (props to Spanish bloggers Iosune and Alberto!) has a wonderful recipe for Oil Free Rainbow Roasted Vegetables. This recipe is super simple and and fool proof... A.K.A. Dot Proof!



 It turns out my balsamic vinegar was expired (drat!!!!), so I couldn't roast my veggies with a little bit of olive oil. I also used some dried Thyme leaves, salt and pepper. I stirred each section of veggies a couple times during the 25 minutes of roasting and they came up just right. The veggies weren't mushy, which was my concern, especially since I actually had to cook this dish the night before the event and keep in a refrigerator for almost 12 hrs. To still experience the balsamic vinegar taste I had a friend bring some that we sprinkle over the veggies at the park. So tasty!

This definitely on my short list of things to make!

What did you cook this week that was awesome? 

No comments:

Post a Comment