Monday, July 20, 2015

Four Weeks.... Just Four!

Alright, people. In just for weeks from today will be the beginning of my marathon training! Ahhh! One month?!

I honestly have to say that I cannot wait in some ways.

Sure there is the usual apprehension of starting such a big deal. I mean, come on! I'm training for a marathon! As I have to remind some people.... a marathon is 26.2 miles and I have to get myself ready to run that! Even if I was doing intervals! But! I'm looking forward to proving to myself that I am a strong person and to get to the next level of making me awesome.




Another reason why I'm looking forward to this is that soon enough my life will be "set" for a while. I'll be a machine and with all the running and cross-training I'll be in a eternal state of euphoria (and probably exhaustion). I'm seriously hoping that I'll be so preoccupied that I'll no longer have anxious moments concerning my need to hang with people and about my lack of a dating life. That dating scene is rough. Oh, so rough, and since I want to have someone of my own (which is a scary thought) it has actually made me anxious (one of the worst feelings in the world). What's up with that?!?

My besties think I should get on a dating site. I'm wary of that, and my brother is like, "No. Don't." But no one is giving me an alternative to getting the social life a boost to meet more people - aka men. I'm trying to find ways where I could actually make it to the social runs for the marathon or for the running club I'm a member of, but seriously? I would have to ask time off from work - like leave early - to get to these events. THEN some of these social runs would be when I need to log up to 10 miles. Not 3. Ugh. Seriously, this is hard.

Anyway! I'm going on a tangent! Back to running. So, YES!, I'm starting marathon training in four weeks!

Here's all the mental games and planning to make sure I become a lean mean running machine with an awesome nutrition habit (ha! if a coworker would stop bringing cookies and donuts to work!). It's going to be hard ass work with at least one break down and maybe a running buddy.

Let the countdown begin!




No comments:

Post a Comment