Monday, July 20, 2015

OMaD - Week 29 Recap

This week in the One Mile A Day challenge update with a continuation of trying to make this an awesome month.


July 12 - July 18

Day 187:  3.2 Miles - Ran with my little running/walking group at the Too Hot to Handle race at White Rock Lake. It was hot, but was doing great. After mile 2 my chest was hurting because my breathing was off.... so I had to walk twice to let me heart and lungs to stop from exploding... and it killed my chance to have a PR by 12 seconds! Twelve. Douze. Zwölf. Doce. 12, people! Gah! That's torture... so painful!!! I finished strong though, but had to sit and lay down for a bit right after the finish line. Had some yummy Watermelon Dreamsicle from TCBY. Then the group went off to Torchy's Tacos for breakfast. So far not a bad time... even when the ex was there and we stood near each other and sorta talked too. Feelings doing better on that front, I think. Granted, I saw my band friend last week and that has put me in a really good mood again... now I just have to deal with the fact that I may not see him again for an extremely long time (and the fact that there may not be anything going on between us to begin with)! Gah! 

Check out this yummy Watermelon Dreamsicle! 

Day 188: 1 Mile - Had a good day off. Had lunch and ice cream with a friend. Then I shopped, shopped, shopped. I finally bought two foam rollers with the Dick's Sporting Goods Christmas gift card my ex gave me (thanks!) and I bought some clothes at Target. Oh, and I got to chat for a bit with my brother during my walk. So, yeah... pretty good day.

Day 189: 2.75 Mile - Did the miles on the elliptical tonight. Could I have gone just another .35 to a 5k... buuut, I did some core work too. Soooo, here's to a late night workout!

Day 190: 2.54 Miles - So! First time on a spin cycle. And I had no idea what I was doing! I basically pedaled, pedaled, and pedaled. Finally at some point the little computer thingy (technical term) started to show any type of mileage... so! I have no idea. I think I got about 25 minutes in - playing with the resistance and so on. I'll definitely try it again. Afterwards I walked a mile around the place.

Day 191: 1 Mile - What a day. I saw a real life sloth for the very first time today! Amazing! I nearly died from happiness! Then someone threw rocks at my car and dented it and broke the windshield. Ugh! Then! I went to get some late night therapeutic froyo and the shop was putting their toppings away 20 minutes before they close. When I asked if I just get some yogurt I was told they were closed. Really? Really?!? Gah!

Day 192: 1 Mile - My family and I headed over the Dallas Museum of Art for their monthly Late Night and their very popular Museum Murder Mystery Game. We got there just after 7pm an joined the line to get some Greek food. Mmmm, chicken gyro! Then we got into a even longer line for the Museum Murder Mystery: An Artful Game of Clue. If you haven't been to the mystery event... you must! Granted it is crazy, crazy, crazy crowded, but it's so  much fun! You interview the suspects (Subjects from the artwork that came to life! There were actors in costumes that remained in character the entire time!) as you decide who is the murder and what artifact in the museum did they use. Oh, and you have to find the chalk outline of the victim's body! You get a score card, just like in the Clue and you're set loose in the museum. My mom and I really got into it and we totally had a great idea for a suspect.... but as it turned out we were wrong... loads of time. Hee Hee.  I must admit though I did use my phone a couple of times to look for the artifacts because there was no way to see what one because of the crowd. Once we had an idea we would have a staff member check our card. Mom and I were surprised of the suspect, but knew that she was a snobby French lady. Thankfully the DMA blogged about the murderer's motive! I wonder who writes these mysteries, and I wonder if they need another writer cause I would so do it!


Day 193: 1 Mile - Just a mile walk today. I hope to get up uber early and try out getting 8-9 miles at an area park by way of the new extension. We shall see!

Total Miles this week: 12.49 Miles -

Total Miles Thus Far: 366.12 Miles



How was your week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment