Saturday, November 11, 2017

2017 OMaD - Weeks 42 - 45

OMG! Where has the time gone! I can't believe that I've missed out on almost a month worth of postings! Things have been cray-cray over here, but it's all ends beautifully!

In the time that I've been away I tried my best to fit running and workouts in.. however the closer I got to our wedding day... the less time I had.

I'm happy to say that I'm married to my best friend and almost stress free!!


October 15 - 21   

Day 288:  3.18 Miles - A good 5k in the park. Nothing special to report.

Day 289: 0 Miles - This was a crazy day! First thing in the morning, M and I got our marriage license! Eeeeeh! S$%T got real, man! We celebrated by having breakfast at Cindi's New York Deli and Bakery. Yum! After that we had our final meeting with the wedding venue. Then! We went to the State Fair! So much fun! We got our Fletcher's Corny Dog (SOOOO GOOD! I could've eaten 3 of them, at least!), a Tamale Donut and I got a pineapple and chocolate swirled ice cream cone! 

Day 290: 0 Miles - No running today. I honestly can't remember why! 

Day 291: 0 Miles - I got up early to go to a special work training this morning, which meant I got out of work early later in the day. I met my mom at our wedding venue to test some things out. She then took me shopping for a new pair of jeans for our trip!

Day 292: 0 Miles -No running today. I was starting to get tired. I worked an event in the afternoon, so I was crazy tired when I got home.

Day 293: 0 Miles - Today, was the day for a breakdown. I basically worked on printing some wedding stuff during the day, and tried to cut the papers on the work's paper cutter (totally allowed) and it was messing up. Basically.... I broke down in the car after work. I was so upset that I couldn't get my wedding errands done. I went home and bawled my eyes out and called my mom. I ended up going to her place for help and M met me there after he got off of work.

Day 294: 0  Miles - Today was better... but I was very tired so thankfully with my mom's help there wasn't much I needed to do.

Total Miles this week: 3.18 Miles -

Miles to Date: 305.12 Miles


October 22 - 28    

Day 295:  2.51 Miles - I tried to run today, but I was breaking out in what seems like hives when I was running. I think it was stress, sweat and a reaction to a different lotion I've been using. I swear the itch on my skin was worse than chigger bites! I had to cut my run short to get home quick to shower.

Later that night was my Bachelorette Party. My friends took me to an Escape Room, which was loads of fun. We totally did a great job solving the puzzles, but we were in a room that needed more players so we didn't make it out in time. But it was so much fun! After that we had a totally delicious dinner and drinks at Mesa Maya. Yum!

Day 296: 0 Miles - I honestly can't remember what I did today.

Day 297: 0 Miles - I remember going to work and having a pizza party with my coworkers.

Day 298: 0 Miles - This was my last day of work. I was working hard on getting things prepped for people would be filling in my spot for me. I also printed out all of the wedding programs and cut them out by today.

Day 299: 0 Miles - First day off! From what I can remember, M and I went to get M's hair cut and to pick up his suit and we worked on packing things. We had a awesome BBQ dinner with Mark's aunt and cousins from Ohio.  We did go to the grocery store to buy a butt load of food for our rehearsal dinner (potluck) and to make rice cripsy treat wedding favors.

That night was full of stress, a lot of tears, a lot of frustration, a lot of everything. I ended up with a stress migraine. Because of misunderstanding with my bridesmaids, M and I were up till 4am working on the rice crispies.

Day 300: 0 Miles - The day before the wedding! That morning I stopped by my mom's to see if they needed any help with the flowers. Then I came back to my place to meet up with two of my friends/bridesmaids. Our wedding rehearsal was in the afternoon. We drove to downtown Plano and got some much needed coffee (let me tell you, I love the Dirty Chai at XO Coffee). The weather was crazy that day! It was 80 degrees on Thursday and today it was in the 50s. It actually started to sleet on the way to the venue!

Our rehearsal went really well, and we all felt confident! We all dispersed ways to only meet up again at my parents house for a potluck rehearsal dinner, which was a lot of fun!

After the dinner, my friends and I stayed up late with my mom, aunt and sister-in-law to make the bouquets. It was a late night, but it was fun. I love my SIL for the fact that she knew how to do bouquets!!!!


Day 301: 0  Miles - IT'S HERE!!!! WEDDING DAY!!!! Aaahhh! I work a little later than expected. I decided on the fly not to get my nails done with one of my bridesmaids cause I was tired of driving everywhere. My two other girls, who spent the night, and I had coffee then went shopping for accessories for their hair. While I got my hair done they bought some cardigans for their dresses since it got so cold.

Every so often M would call since he and his dudes were in charge of decorating the venue. They did an awesome job!

After getting my hair done, I checked into the hotel that M and I were staying at that night. A nice little special touch! Then the day was starting to be a little bit of a blur in some respects. We got to the venue and into the bridal suite. It took a little longer than expected to get ready so we didn't have as much time for bridal pictures as we expected, but it was ok.

The ceremony started a little later than expected, but that's OK I guess. I remember walking in with my girls through a bar next door to the venue (that was an experience!) then the venue staff did a great job helping us with staging walking down the hall to the ceremony room. They weren't their for coordination but to take care of the facility, but they did this anyway! So awesome! I remember seeing my dad practice his "Her mother and I do" in the hall" while I was around the corner. I waved at my soon-to-be Brother-in-Law who was helping with our music. He was so worried that he would mess up, but did amazing! I remember the venue girls fluffing my dress a little, and my dad and I started walking in.

I fixed my eyes on M and the ceremony went to by so fast and yet not fast at all... I wanted to giggle I was so happy. I nearly cried during my vows. It was awesome!

After the ceremony we took pictures outdoors and then we were back inside. The reception was great! It was so hard to talk to everyone - we had about 60 or so, but maybe less. We had a great buffet dinner. There was a Polaroid camera photobooth. Cake was awesome! We had glow stick necklaces for everyone to play around with when we exited the venue. It was a lot of fun! I can't believe it happened!

 We stayed in our hotel. We were so tired that we basically got into PJs and talked about our day leading up to the wedding and at the event. Then we passed out in bed! :P

Total Miles this week: 2.51 Miles -

Miles to Date: 307.63 Miles


October 29 - November 4   

Day 302:  0 Miles - First day as a married person! Whah?! M and I got donuts and cappuccinos near our hotel after we checked out. Mmmm. We got home and started packing for our honeymoon. I actually needed to do a load of laundry too. We took the kitty cat Jackson down to my parents house, and we got to see my siblings and aunt one last time before they headed home. We ate dinner at Afrah Mediterranean.

Day 303: 0 Miles - M's Dad picked us up dark and early this morning to take us to the airport. Going through ticketing and security was a breeze. We had egg bagel sandwiches while we waited for our flight. We landed in Boston and I got to drive through the highways out of Massachusetts and into New Hampshire and into Vermont. The fall colors were ah-mazing! 

Day 304: 0 Miles - We love Vermont! We stayed in Woodstock, which is a gorgeous little town. We stuck close to our inn and enjoyed the town. Did some shopping. It was so nice!

Day 305: 3.11 Miles - I went for a run through a cover bridge on the carriage roads that were part of the Billings Park/Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park that went up the side of Mount Tom. It was a lot fun and so so so quiet and secluded! Later in the day M and I went to a maple syrup and cheese farm. It was so cold and fun! We brought home a lot of stuff from the farm! :P Oh! And I ate apple pie with cheddar cheese for the first time!

Day 306: 0 Miles - Another nice quiet day. We ate our last dinner in Woodstock at the Simon Pearce restaurant. We got to see the glass blowing forges below the restaurant. Fun! I ad creme brulee for the first time for dessert!

Day 307: 0 Miles - I was sad to leave Woodstock. I loved our stay. So did M. We ate breakfast at a diner and went to an antique mall in Quechee before driving into Boston for last part of our stay.

Day 308: 8  Miles - Ah! Boston! We walked the Freedom Trail today, which took all day instead of a few hours like we expected. It was a lot of fun though!  I'm totally counting 8 miles this as an exercise it my body totally felt the trek. The trail is 2.5 miles long, but add in leaving and going back to the hotel (2 miles) and somehow all the weaving around we ended up with 9 miles that day. For dinner I had my first ever Lobster Roll and New England Clam Chowder!

Total Miles this week: 11.11 Miles 

Miles to Date: 313.05 Miles


November 5 - 11   

Day 309:  4.0 Miles - I ran in Boston! I ran from our hotel through the downtown to Boston Commons. Not even halfway through this 0.80 portion I lost GPS and didn't get it back until I was in Boston Commons. I ran part of the Commons, but more so in the Public Gardens. I saw the Make Way for Ducklings statues and I took a lot of pictures. I did run on part of the Commonwealth greens, which was gorgeous! I didn't lose GPS on the way back to the hotel, but it totally thought I went on a crazy route and said I had my fast mile (8 min/1mi), which I'm doubt really happened. It was a lot of fun, my feet only hurt a little bit after the long we had the day before.

After getting back to the hotel to get clean, M and I got my donuts ate Kane's Donuts and walked into the city. We found the Boston Public Library, which I heard is gorgeous inside (it was closed unfortunately cause it was Sunday morning). I was more excited about seeing the Boston Marathon Finish Line, which was right next to the library! It was awesome! Mecca!!!

We got back to the hotel to chill before checking out. In the time before we left for the airport we did stop by a massive Old Navy and I bought a new cardigan. Airport ticketing and security wasn't as easy going home as before, but it wasn't horrible. My parents picked us and took us home.

Day 310: 0 Miles - Our first day back! We did gobs of laundry and started working on the

Day 311: 3.17 Miles - I thought it was a little warmer than what it said it was on the weather app (windy, especially) so I a little under dressed. It was a good run, and it was nice to be back at my old park, but I do kinda miss a different scenery. 

Day 312: 0 Miles - Rest day. I'm not quite ready for gym work just yet

Day 313: 3.10 Miles -This was a little bit of a harder run that Tuesday, but it was nice and cool out, and dressed just right. It was good to get a run in before going back to work for the first time in two weeks! Thankfully it was a quiet day! I had a lot of emails to catch up on.

Day 314: 0 Miles -It was a Staff Training Day. I was going to go to the gym to work out (burn off the junk food from training), but the elliptical weren't working and the other gym with the spin bikes was being used for soccer practice. So, I just walked around for 2 miles. Since I literally sat all day long I'm not counting the 2 miles because it's what I would've done at least if I was working normally.

Day 315: 0 Miles - Rest Day at work. I did sneak in some time to work on my training schedule for the Rock n Roll Half Marathon that is happening at the end of March 2018. :-)

Total Miles this week: 10.28 Miles -

Miles to Date: 323.33 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment