Tuesday, November 21, 2017

2017 OMaD - Week 46

Wedding-planning free and now focused on getting back into shape and into running mode again! 

November 12 - 18  

Day 316:  4.02 Miles - So today I was determined to go past the 5k distance and go for 4 or 5 (depending on how I felt). Also, I made myself turn on the interval training on my Garmin. I started out with a 2 min/30 sec interval and it wasn't too bad, but I probably should've started out with a 1 min/30 sec interval instead. I did switch to the 1/30 half way through the run, and I liked it a little better. I could pick up my pace and cadence a bit more for that 1 minute run before resting. I'm definitely going to give this a try more when I increase my mileage. I've been a little reluctant to do the intervals since this was what I started out with, but I know I need to start at the beginning. I did the 4 miles in 50 minutes, and I feel happy about that! I worked myself hard enough that I crashed for a nap after breakfast.

Day 317: 0 Miles - Rest day... well, pretty much was a rest day. I didn't do any workouts in the true sense. I did help the hubs reorganize our kitchen to make room for our kitchen wedding gifts, which was a workout. After that we sent a giant order of photos ready to print at Walgreens, and we ran over to Michaels to get a photo album. All said and done, by 11:30pm today we have a honeymoon photo album and it is awesome!

Day 318:  3.10 Miles - My usual 5k this morning, but I did 1 min/30 sec intervals for the most part. I felt good. Not too tired at the end of it like some of my other 5ks in the past where I tried to run the whole thing. Different parts of my lower legs do ache a little, and I'm making sure I take care of them. For this run I got up right around 6:30am so that I was out the door sooner than later to get ready for my dentist appointment later that morning. I'm happy to say that my plan worked out great, and I plenty of time to stop by the apartment to get clean and eat and be ready for work. Score! However, by the it was time for work I was ready for a nap! 

Day 319: 0 Miles - Rest day and a busy day at work. I had to wear inpractical work shoes for a meeting and it suuuuucked! My shins were not happy! I typically break the dress code an wear Converse with arch supports, and my supervisor is OK as long as I don't get caught. But a meeting at different location changes all that.

Day 320: 3.11 Miles - My run the morning wasn't has easy as the one on Tuesday. I blame my achy legs. I had the day off today, and I spent it with my family. It was nice to spend time with them and not be anxious or busy with wedding stuff. Life is getting back to normal.

Day 321:  0 Miles - I did not want to go work today. I feel out of sorts emotionally. I basically wanted to be in pjs in bed and veg on TV. Part of it is that I'm missing our family doggie, Emme. In some respects I'm glad I've cut out eating candy or sugar, but today I wish I could let myself slip. But I know I can't.

Day 322: 0 Miles - Rest day. Got a lot of stuff done at work. At home I made Salisbury Steak from scratch, and it was soooo good! 

Total Miles this week: 10.23 Miles -

Miles to Date: 333.56 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment