Saturday, November 25, 2017

2017 OMaD Week 47

Holiday Week! Aaaah! I decided about a week or so ago that I was not going to join some of my running buddies for the Turkey Trot because I didn't want to deal with trying to get to downtown Dallas and back. Also, running wise, I just got back into running full swing and I don't want to push myself too far just yet. Now, I can't wait to chill. Run a private 5k in my own park while my hubby (who is off instead of working brunch) finishes making our side dishes for our Thanksgiving Meal with my family! It's going to be fun!

November 19 - 25  

Day 323:  4.51 Miles - I had a solid run today! I was planning for at least a 4 miler, but was debating on 4.5 or 5. I decided mid-run to do 4.5 so that it'll be around the 10% increase from last week. I found that I was pushing myself a little too fast during my intervals last week. Thankfully, it kinda happened naturally, but I had the mental set to start out slow and run negative splits. It worked out! I felt great! I think eating a good protein and carb dinner helped a lot. I felt like I could've gone onto 5 miles easily, but I had made up my mind and I had pushed at the end. I even bumped my interval from 1min/30sec to 2min/30sec during the last mile when I felt like it.

After my run, I chilled with the hubs who had some major allergy stuffy nose and headache. We had Pho for lunch before I headed out to do a volunteer gig for the Beef Team with the Healthy Kids Running series, which was a lot of fun. Back home for dinner M and I had Korean food, which was the first time for me. Omg... I like bulgogi! Yum!

Day 324: 0 Miles - Day off! I got to meet up with my bestie JM, which was the first time for seeing each other since the wedding! We had fun slurping down ramen then walking around Target (that store is dangerous!). I got to show here all of my honeymoon photos while we sat in Starbucks. I had my first sugary coffee and sweet (chocolate covered graham cracker) in a long while. So much fun!

Day 325:  3.10 Miles - Slow run in some respects. My body just didn't want to go fast in some respects. It's all good, but I felt off. When I got home I wanted to eat junk food. Like candy. But I made myself eat and apple with peanut butter. Then when it was time to do some TV vegging with the hubs with some herbal tea. I took a couple of sips and I was out like a light while M watched The Punisher. 

Day 326: 0 Miles - Day before Thanksgiving! Aah! Pretty much all day I was psyching myself up to bake my very-pie-completely-on-my-own. I'm happy to say that making the family pie crust dough was so easy, and so was prepping the apples (granted, M helped with that). I did blind bake the pie crust, which is something I have never ever done before, but I got to say that it worked out great and that it made a great difference.

Day 327: 3.11 Miles - I got in a quick run in the morning. I was really wanting to go for 4 miles, but timing was not great since I also had to help make some side dishes for the family meal. It was nice and quiet at the park, which was really nice. Back home, M and I roasted some sweet potato with caramelized onions, Andouille sausage (all mixed together... yum!) and some caramelized brussel sprouts. So, good! We got to my parents house a little late, but it was all good. Our holiday was relaxing and fun. M didn't have to be the chef much that day. He just made the gravy and carved the turkey, which by the way, my mom roasted the turkey in a Egg bbq (only in Texas) - it was awesome! I had two cinnamon rolls, which was a lot of sweets in one sitting for me, and 1.5 slices of pie and one scoop of ice cream. Overall, I didn't really over do it. I felt proud about that!

Day 328:  0 Miles - Today was a rough day. I couldn't get out of my head that all the work I've been doing for the majority of this month is not ever going to workout and I will never lose weight or get back to lighter size. Anyway, I felt discouraged. I was also frustrated that pretty much greedy people shopping everywhere ruin the fun in a lot of respects to enjoy time with friends and family. For example, do not go to a Starbucks on Black Friday. Everyone needs refueling in their shopping frenzy, and this is the place to go. I did breakdown had another cinnamon roll at my parents house.

For dinner I made a delicious salad from the Run Fast. Eat Slow. cookbook - arugula, roasted asparagus, blueberries, toasted hazelnuts, feta cheese, and roasted salmon with a balsamic dressing. Yum! M liked it. 

Day 329: 0 Miles - Work day. Boo! I'm ready for the weekend!

Total Miles this week:  10.72 Mile

Miles to Date: 344.28 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment