Saturday, November 25, 2017

New Training Schedule

Source:
https://pinkinmylife72.tumblr.com/post/64729867344
Wow... so I'm almost a complete month back into running full time. I have a half marathon at the end of March 2018. Surprisingly, and unfortunately, this will be my first half marathon in a year! Yikes! I can't believe the wedding planning took so much of my life! Well! Leading up to this point I was in need a solid training plan to get me back into shape. So, for this winter season I'm planning to train with Galloway's half marathon schedule, for time goal runners.

Now, I'll just say that I already know that even with running 1 minute/30 second going up to 17 miles prior to the half marathon may be a bit much for my out of shape-ness. I've decided to keep track of the regular Galloway schedule in case I need to not go so far. There's no need to hurt myself before I get going.

I've been doing interval running this past month, and I gotta say that I'm feeling pretty good about it. Granted, I'm still recovering from slight shin and achilles aches after the honeymoon (if you're going to Boston, wear good walking shoes!). I've also done Galloway when I trained for my first half marathon many moon ago (try like 4 years worth of moons ago!), so I feel confident. I will admit that it was a little difficult to get me back to the interval style of running and to slow my speed a bit down (don't go hog-wild fast just yet!), but I'm liking how I feel at the end of each run. Nice!

Even though Galloway doesn't require it, I will be doing cross training on non-running days when I have time for it! 

Even with my days where I feel discouraged or off about something or anything, I know I can rely on the training to get back to a solid run and eventually a good foundation for that third full marathon. (Fingers and toes are crossed!).


Half Marathon Training Schedule for Time Goal Runners
http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/half-marathon-training


Week   Monday   Tuesday (CD/Acg/p) Wednesday   Thursday Friday Saturday   Sunday
1 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 5 miles
2 off 35 min run/MM off 35 min run easy walk off 6 miles
3 off 35 min run off 35 min run easy walk off 7.5 miles
4 off 45 min run/MM off 40 min run easy walk off 4 x 800
5 off 45 min run off 40 min run easy walk off 9 miles
6 off 45 min run/MM off 45 min run easy walk off 6 x 800
7 off 45 min run off 45 min run easy walk off 11 miles
8 off 45 min run/MM off 45 min run easy walk off 8 x 800
9 off 45 min run off 45 min run easy walk off 13 miles
10 off 45 min run off 45 min run easy walk off 10 x 800
11 off 45 min run off 45 min run easy walk off 15 miles
12 off 45 min run off 45 min run easy walk off 12 x 800
13 off 45 min run off 45 min run easy walk off 17 miles
14 off 45 min run off 45 min run easy walk off Easy 5 miles/MM
15 off 45 min run off 45 min run easy walk off Goal Half Race
16 off 45 min run off 45 min run easy walk off 4 miles
17 off 45 min run off 45 min run easy walk off 6-12 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment