Tuesday, May 24, 2016

OMaD - Week 21 Recap

What a busy week. My brother graduated with his master's this weekend, which means I had to fly out to good ol' St. Louis! It was great, but tiring! I need a vacation where I don't need to be on a schedule. Just relax, run, and relax. Maybe someday!

May 15 - 21

Day 136: 0 Miles - I had to work today, so not a lot of fun to be had. I had to wear an old pair of work ballet flats and it jacked up my legs. I was sore and tight the rest of the night. 

Day 137: 9.02 Miles - Just as I stepped of the door this morning there was a downpour despite nothing on the radar. But I made it out to White Rock Lake and ran a 9 miler. It felt good to be out there again. Just to zone out... and in... and run. There were a few moments of light rain that hit me and some other runners. Nothing too crazy, but regardless, it felt a little badass to be running in participation. Hee hee! One of my hamstrings have been tight, and I think stretching it out last night didn't help either (I don't stretch often.... oops) so I was ready for the run to end even thought I about getting in another 0.30 to make it a complete 15k. Eh. After the run I had a great lunch with my friend HL at Panera bread before I walked a round a couple of stores, but headed home pretty quickly cause my hamstring was aching. Pretty much within 20 minutes I had passed out for a couple of hours. When I woke up I had leftover stuff pablano peppers and binged watched the newest season of Netflix's Grace and Frankie. I was wide awake until 1:30am... boo!

Day 138: 0 Miles - No cross training this morning. I was trying to get a head start on my packing for a family strip to St. Louis. Besides my hamstring wasn't feeling totally awesome (I know, I know... excuses, excuses). So I tried to stretch and foam roll it out while getting some coffee in me. The day at work too forrrrreeeever!

Day 139:  0 Miles - After I figured out what I was potentially going to wear (other than my running gear) I dropped my kitty off at my parents house then went on to get my car inspected. Then after lunch I made it over to MS' place to surprise him (he didn't know I was off from work) and I totally got him!

Day 140: 3.12 Miles - Initially I was going for a 5 miler, but my hamstring didn't like the treadmill either, and my mind and heart wasn't into it. Afterwards I made it down to my parents and repacked my bag to make it all fit better. Then before you know it my parents, my sister, and I were at DFW airport to fly out to St. Louis. We met my other siblings at the car rental spot then it was onto the grandparents house. I pretty much passed out around 10pm that night.

Day 141: 0 Miles - Graduation day! My not-so-little littlest brother graduated with a masters in architecture! We all survived the two ceremonies (one general assembly then school specific with combined time total of 5 hours, people!). Afterwards it was lunch at Steak 'n' Shake then onto the St. Louis Arch for a little adventure! At the end of the day, I was totally beat!

Day 142: 0 Miles - Another busy day of sorts. I, thankfully, had a leisurely breakfast time with a phone call with my love, MS, and two cups of coffee! Then we were venturing out onto the Missouri River with my grandpa's boat. Then after a lunch back at their place, we explored the Main Street of downtown St. Charles. Then it was a dinner at an Olive Garden with some of my mom's relatives. I was happy that I was able to get a steak because of my need to eat some beef so that I could be ready for a 5k the next morning! Finally, back at the hotel, we had a relaxing but very funny came of Cards Against Humanities.


Total Miles this week:  12.14 Miles 

Miles to Date: 246.83Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment