Tuesday, May 17, 2016

OMaD - Week 20 Recap

Well. Here were.... It's the middle of May! Where is the time going?

May 8 - 14

Day 129: 0 Miles - Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies out there - including the ones that have four-legged fur babies! I had lunch with the boyfriend's mom and grandma. Then it was down to my parents! We took my mom antique shopping then I made dinner. A complete success!

Day 130: 4.01 Miles - It was all drizzly rainy morning, and it cut into my run time. By the time I got out there it was 70% humidity, 70 degrees, and had 18 mph wind. Definitely a challenging and hilly 4 miler. But I managed to do it in 43 minutes! 

Day 131:  5.01 Miles - To get my miles up to a minimum of 9 I had to run a fiver this morning. I was so sleepy I didn't get out until 9am, when it was 77 degrees out already. Thankfully there was a good breeze to help cool it down a little bit. But it was very hard. My legs, especially my Achilles, were still tired from yesterday. I probably walked about 0.50 mile throughout the entire thing. Not what I preferred, but I'll take it. I'm ready for a rest day before facing another run on Thursday.

Day 132: 0 Miles - Ugh. What a day. I've been working on some reports for work. There were initially 13 of them. I thought I was down to the last four last night, but I discovered that I left two off my list. So, indeed, I had six left. Damn. I was so happy to be off from work and in the arms of my sweet who made me feel so much better.

Day 133: 0 Miles - Well. A 5 miler was in my morning's schedule. However, by the time I was almost to the park I saw that my tire light was on. Dammit. I got to the park and I took a peak at the tires. Yep. That's a screw. In my tire. Boo! So I cancelled my run to take it to the shop near by. It was a good call cause when I pulled into the lot I went through a puddle. I could hear air bubbling out when I got close to the tire. So, despite being in a cold tire shop in my running gear (thankfully I had a pull over to wear!) and not being able to run, the repair was free of charge. I preceeded to buy some cookies at the grocery store to keep my motivated to finish my reports for work. Award system, baby! One cookie per report finished. My tummy was achy by the end of the night. I think I'm done on sweets for now. I've also been dealing with unneeded stress on whether I should run a marathon or not in December and other stuff. I was a mess.

Day 134: 0 Miles - Happy Friday the 13th! The reports for work are done! Whew! I only need to provide example handouts I got from the conference (hello, scanner!). After not running and eating cookies yesterday, I feel like I've gained 50 bounds. Blah! I need veggies.

Day 135: 0 Miles - Work, work, work. And I work tomorrow. So ready to chill out next week.


Total Miles this week:  9.02 Miles  

Miles to Date: 234.69 Miles

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment