Friday, March 27, 2015

OMaD - Week 12 Recap

Another taper week before a half marathon! Aaaaaah!

March 15 - 21  

Day 68: 9.03 miles - 00 official burpees - Ran completely around White Rock Lake this morning. 2 Mile intervals (trying to get into that interval rhythm that  I'm thinking of doing for the Dallas Marathon). Today was the day for reminders that cyclists and cars don't pay attention to or care for runners. Did a lot of Midnight Cowboy and anteater moments today.

Day 69:  2 miles - 16 official burpees - I got walk around with my bestie Jennie today.

Day 70: 1 mile - 00 official burpees - A mile before jumping into bed after a busy day at work.

Day 71: 1 mile - 28 official burpees - Squeezed in a mile and burpees just before midnight. I added 10 more burpees in a desperate attempt to catch up on the days that I missed. I don't know if I'll catch up! Got 67 to do! Ack! 

Day 72: 1 mile - 29 official burpees - Only 57 more burpees to catch up on! Eeeek!

Day 73: 0 miles -20 official burpees - Today was long and the evening was extremely rough. I managed to get my packet for the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon during an approved 2hr-lunch with only an apple and peanut butter to keep me going. Then I had dinner with the family that involved homemade pizza and gobs of mini Snickers and a diet soda when drama became to happen. At least I managed to do the minimum required amount of burpees.

Day 74: 0 mile - 00 official burpees - Busy day at work and a dinner with friends afterwards. Then it was the nice before the race prep-work. Whew!

Total Miles this week:  14.03 Miles and 93 Burpees

Total Miles Thus Far: 130.12 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment