Monday, March 2, 2015

Motivation Monday - It's Who I Am

I never thought that running would become such a big part of my life. It has. I made friends out of coworkers, and I have inspired other friends. Running has given me confidence that I desperately needed and still need. 



The weeks after finishing the Austin Half Marathon I felt lost. The weather was keeping me from running a lot (not to mention that I was a bit lazy too), and I had not thought about my next race would be after Austin. Seriously, I knew that there were some summer races and fall races to lead up to the Dallas Marathon. But I seriously had not considered any more spring races. Maybe it was a half marathon version of the Post Marathon Syndrome. 

I know that some runners don't need a race to feel complete and to keep them going. But I honestly need that motivation - that pressure of being prepared for a race - that excitement of achieving "greatness." 

All that being said, I've signed up for a new distance race - a quarter marathon. And I'm seriously considering another half marathon that will be here in a few weeks.

I'm feeling better - almost back to normal again. A runner with a plan. 


Image found here.






No comments:

Post a Comment