Monday, February 16, 2015

New Half Marathon Playlist - Dance Ed.

So! I just completed the first half marathon of 2015 - The Austin Half Marathon!

After some deliberation I decided that it was high time for me to create a brand new playlist to give me some motivation!

Last year I had a playlist that called "Sunshine Half." All the songs were "oldies," bright in sound and reminded me of summer, which was uber helpful for the first two halves when it was either freezing and windy (The Texas Half) and wet and cold (The Big D). During the last two I added in some heavier rock songs, but I had other things to keep me motivated. Those songs are still good, but I need new stuff.  

During a 10 mile run a couple of weeks back I mixed things up and listened to an e-audiobook of The Lightning Thief by Rick Riodan. I downloaded it from my public library (if you haven't looked into that... do it! It's free with a library card!) and played it on my phone. BTW, the actor who reads the book (Jesse Bernstein) is awesome!

Even though an entertaining audiobook is great, I'm in the mood for music that would make me dance around me kitchen (a thing I do when I'm uber happy... I so need to be back in that state of mind!).

 Here's what's on the playlist right now:


I Wanna Get Better - Bleachers 



Hot N Cold - Katy Perry 



Roar - Katy Perry 
Did anyone see the Super Bowl Halftime Show this year? I loved that giant tiger puppet she was standing on!



Firework - Katy Perry 



Shut Up and Dance - Walk the Moon 
I will forever remember that I first heard this song and had played it on repeat. all. day. long the day before Thanksgiving, which was the last uber happy mini date I had... but I refuse for hard memories that came afterwards to ruin this song for me!




Best Day of My Life - American Authors 
What's up with the wild thing?



Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper 
Seriously. People, especially the fellas, girls love having fun of all sorts!



Carry On - Fun. 
I've always liked how there is a period [ . ] at the end of Fun..




What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction
Ok. Ok. I'm not one for the boy bands, but seriously, this song is fun. If my besties were males... this would be their song for me!



Brave - Sara Bareilles 
Don't be afraid to say... anything.



Break Free (feat. Zedd) - Ariana Grande  
A big thanks to Jimmy Fallon for making the "Thank you," letter cause I will always remember Ariana Grande as possibly being an exotic Starbucks order! But this song.... pretty good.



The Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga 
For some reason this song will be an epic summer song for me... 



Here It Goes Again - OK Go 
Remember this?! I'm still awestruck by it!



Good Times - Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen 
Jump up and down!



Really Don't Care (feat. Cher Lloyd) - Demi Lovato 
Demi is pretty awesome. Plus, someone compared my looks to her once. Should I be flatter? I've actually contemplated doing my hair like hers in the video... my by work administration would have a fit!  




Party in the CIA - "Weird Al" Yonkovic 
I do not like Miley Cyrus. Yes, her song Party in the USA is catchy, but I can't make myself to buy that song. But, really like Weird Al's parody!




All of this is about one hour of music. So, you have to set it to repeat to make it last you for longer runs.

Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment