Monday, February 16, 2015

Motivation Monday: I Can Do This... And So Much More!

I find that I'm a better writer than speaker (though writing = visible grammatical errors) as a way to get my thoughts and feelings across. Being a professional and working with a lot of people every single day has changed me for the better, but life can still be a struggle when you lack enough confidence. But what also has made who and what I am today? Yep, you guessed it... Running.


Running has changed me. Running has given me the realization that I can do so much more. People may not know that I run 13.1 miles in just under 3 hours (until I tell them), but :: I :: know that I can. That really isn't something to shrug off as a normal thing. To do something like a half marathon or just going for a run on your day off requires:

dedication,

strength,

courage, 

passion

Let me tell you something... I hated running when I was younger. As a teen, when my fencing coach told us to jog as a warm up I hated it. Felt like I was going to barf. When he told me to try to walk/run 3 miles a couple times a week I tried one day and gave up. Then college and grad school hit. What's exercise?

I never thought I'd be a runner. I was athletic. But. I. Hated. Running!

Boy, how life changes! Now, I am a runner. I know can do it. It's hard sometimes, but I can do it. I can finish it one way or another.

There is a Canadian band called Art of Dying, who has a song entitled "Get Thru This." This song was written when the lead singer learned of his father's cancer. Many AoD fans (myself included) find this song to be inspirational to what is going on in their lives. If you can get through this you can get through anything. If I can get through a run, I can get through a 5k, a half marathon, a good run, a bad run... I can get through anything. I'm going to be thinking of this song when I start my marathon training later this year!

Find out what running can do for you!

Image found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment