Sunday, February 25, 2018

2018 Weekly Fitness Recap - #8

Oh, boy. It's been a rough week. I don't want to go into details on some things because some of what happened that made it sad and tough isn't my story to tell but a friend's instead. Nonetheless, I'm muddling through. I'm happy to say that running and cross training has helped me clear my head and think/dream of the future.

I also realized as I worked on my running plan for the week that I'm no longer following the half marathon training plan I set for myself a while back. Right now what I'm doing is running 10 miles on Sunday with HC (well, not this past Sunday since I was resting from a trail run). I believe the plan is to run between 10 - 13 miles so that way we're always in condition for a half marathon. I'm perfectly happy with the change. I know that I'll go past 13 miles on a training run once it gets closer to full marathon training time.

Image found here:
https://www.runnersworld.com/motivational-quotes/
life-can-pull-you-down


WORKOUT RECAP : FEBRUARY 18 - 24

Day 49: Plan: 10 - 13 miles| Actual: Rest Day
It was nice not having to wake up early to go run a 10 miler at the lake this morning. I was sore, but not too sore after the trial run the day before. While M went to work in the morning, I eventually got into cleaning mode. Because I've been back to running full time and with M's new crazy Kitchen Manager position we had been struggling to keep up with chores at home. Today that was going to change. With Punk music on the loud speaker I cleaned the heck out of the bathroom, bedroom, living room, and dining room. By the time M was home in the afternoon most of it was done. I petered out before I could finish wiping down the counter tops in the kitchen.

We were supposed to go on a dinner date after M got home and got cleaned up, but since he was so tried after working a 60+ hour week, it didn't quite go that way. Instead of something fancy we ended up going to Whataburger then Target late at night cause... that's how we roll. We did get some ice cream drumsticks and gummy bears, which totally sounded amazing to me, especially since I had skipped lunch while cleaning.

Day 50: Plan: XT | Actual: 0 mins XT 
I got up early to do some yoga, but then it just didn't happen. So we did some errands and had lunch out. Then it was home. I swept and mopped the flours and swapped down the kitchen counters and appliances. It's so nice having a cleaning home! It was stressing me out how messy it had gotten. It's not like we're incredible messy people, not even close. But before M met me he was almost a minimalist. So add me to the mix and there are little piles of things everywhere - library books here. Running stuff there. Shoes over there. Clean but worn clothes needing the hung up on the chair... Lots of little things. Lol. Anyway, our day was uneventful, but we got to spend it together.

Day 51: Plan: 45 min run (or a 5k run) | Actual: 4.02 miles
I was so tried this morning because the big rain storm finally came in over night, and it would keep waking me up. I even remember thinking to myself on how I should get over to the gym to run on the treadmill if it's storming like it was.... this was probably at 4am. Lol. After 7am, however, it had been intermittent I was actually able to run outside! Yay! I woke up too late to get a run in before M headed off to work. Then it started raining a little then stopped. I left for my run right after left, and it was perfect. I wore a tank and shorts. I had a very solid 4 miler in despite having run around some pretty big puddles at the park. I'm really happy with this run. Aaand.... it started spitting some rain as I was leaving the park and by the time I was home it was raining. Perfect timing!

Day 52: Plan: XT | Actual: 20 mins XT
Omigosh it is freezing today! It was also raining. This was the day to be at home away from work and a way from coworkers that get on your nerves (Sometimes. Not all the times. I work with a good team, but today I just needed to be home. Thankfully after venting to another coworker through Skype messenger and a cup of coffee I was able to muddle through. When I got home I did a 20 min strength workout before making dinner.

Day 53: Plan: 45 min (or 5k run) | Actual: 4.01 miles  
Guess what! It's another rainy day! Yay.... I had to run on a treadmill at the gym this morning. It wasn't really raining, but there was distance thunders and the clouds looked dark. Plus, it was cold. All of that is a big nope. I ran a solid 4 miler at an easy pace while I watched the first episode of NCIS. M was off today, and I had to work my late shift. So today was a little rough just in the fact that my love is home for once and I'm stuck at work on a long, slow day. 

Day 54: Plan: XT | Actual: 15 minutes XT
Another gray day. Plus, it was a long day. I was kinda finding that I was getting anxious and frustrated today, but thankfully I had some tea to keep in check. When I got home a 15 strength workout helped before I got to making dinner.

Day 55: Plan: Rest Day | Actual: 
Thank God it's Saturday! Another long day at work. The rain finally stopped, which means we were busy instead of slow. I hope I can find a place to run 10 miles that isn't flooded! I can't wait to be home and free of work. Granted I have things to do tomorrow other than run that are causing me some stress, but I'll figure it all out. Wish me luck! I can't wait till Monday!

Total Running Miles this week: 8.03 Miles 

Total Time Cross-training this week: 35 Minutes

Total Miles Cross-training this week: 0 Miles

Total Running Miles to Date: 107.57 Miles 

Total Time & Miles Cross-Training to Date: 04:10:00 | 0 Miles

 Don't you love how running can make you feel better? 


No comments:

Post a Comment